AT&T Family Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronaldcastillo, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

I'm currently a T-Mobile subscriber and I'm planning on switching to AT&T for the iPhone 4. My contract won't end til the first week of July so I'm planning on getting it between July 3-5. My mother currently works at McDonald's which could make us receive 18% off discount.

Here's the breakdown:
    - $50.00 (First line) - 18% off = $41.00 + $9.99 (Second line) = $50.99
    ^ I'm planning on taking the 550 minutes per month.
    - $30 Unlimited Text Messaging
    - $25 Data Plan (2gb) - 18% off = $20.50

$50.99 + $30.00 + $20.50 = $100.50/month
    ^ Not including tax.

I'm planning on getting an iPhone 4 just for one line, and a regular phone for the additional line. I was wondering is there an additional charges that AT&T may charge besides the activation fee for the first month? Also, how long do you have to pay a month? Is it 30 days, like T-Mobile? Thanks.

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Like all other companies, they do have other fees that they add to your bill. I am not sure what you mean by how long until you have to pay? You have a due date.

3. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Your question is unclear, but I'll guess you're asking how long you have before a monthly bill comes due. My due date comes 30 days after my bill date.

4. nutmac macrumors 68040

If you are getting the phone for just 1 line, why even bother with a family plan? If your mom already has a contract with AT&T, why not just get another line for yourself?

If she has an email address from McDonald's, you don't even need to prove that you work for McDonald's. Go to AT&T's website, plugin her email address, and they will send a link via email to upgrade regular plans to corporate plan with discount.

5. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

My mother doesn't have a plan with AT&T, she can receive discount from AT&T. So if my total came out to $101 without tax. How much would I officially cost with the additional fees? thanks!