AT&T Family Plans/New rates....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irishbill, Jun 3, 2010.

1. irishbill macrumors newbie

I have five iPhones on Family Plan with unlimited usage/messaging. I now pay $354 a month for this. Under new pricing plan, if I upgrade to new phones when they arrive do I have to go to new plan? Will it be more or less expensive? We have widely varying rates of usage among the five phones. Any ideas?......

2. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

You can keep your unlimited plan if you want. The new plans depend on your usage. Go to your AT&T site and look at your usage

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you're not using more than 2GB of data per phone then your new plans will be cheaper if you opt out of the $30 unlimited plan and go for the 2GB max plan.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

200mb* ;-)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I did that in another thread too.
    Time for a little more coffee. :eek:

6. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

You pay AT&T $354 per month?? You may also want to look at your voice usage. Assuming that some of those five lines are kids, they are notorious these days for NOT using many voice minutes. It's much "cooler" to text/message...

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

True, but if you're close to 2 gb or think you might go over in the future (video chat, streaming video?) I wouldn't make the change. Once you leave the unlimited plan there's no coming back, an it's only a $5/month/line difference.

8. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    2gb* ;)

9. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    but even if you are close to using 2gb technically so long as your are using less than 2gb 51% of the time you are still saving money. (assuming u never go over 3gb)

10. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Yep, look at your data usage over the past 6 months for every phone. Dropping the plans down saves $25 a month. If you can get a couple of people to 200MB, you'll save even more.