Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machinestatic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Okay iPhoners, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times on this forum, but since the threads are moving like lightning tonight, I figured I'd throw another thread on top of the pile.

So, I'm on AT&T (individual Mobile Share) and eligible for a full upgrade. let's say I get the iPhone 6 on a 2 year contract with AT&T, and then next year there's an iPhone 6S that somehow totally blows our shiny i6 phones away. Am I correct that these would be my 2 options?

1. pay the ETF ($325 - ($10 x 12) = $205) and then start a NEW 2 year contract with the iPhone 6S (then again, if I did this I'd be boned when the iPhone 7 comes out)

2. buy an iPhone 6S at retail price and put my SIM card in it

The other question I have is, would I be able to port my phone number with option #1 or would I lose it? Thank you for your help on this busy night! Make sure to drink plenty of coffee to stay awake. ;)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Just pay the price of the early upgrade for the 6S. Or you could get in on their plan where you get a new phone every year, which is AT&T next.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.