at&t giving away free microcells to MVPs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pesos, Jul 11, 2010.

1. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

2. Rescuer macrumors member

what about the people who paid and bought one a few months ago? not 3 months later, this this is now FREE?
    are they going to CREDIT us $150????????????

i've been an AT&T customer for 13 years......

it's not cool at all if i paid $150 only a few months ago to get screwed out of it now that they are giving them away free

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

But how do you know if you are on their list to receive a freebie? The "most valuable customer" terminology is a broad useless term and just b/c you've been w/ them for 13 years doesn't mean you are a "whale." Good customer = a highly profitable one. Stop kvetching. If you receive a coupon for a freebie go in and see if they'll just credit your acct. If you don't receive then you are crying for nothing.

4. 262Runnr macrumors regular

262Runnr

Maybe it's because there have been problems with the Microcell...
    I bought one when they first came out and it didn't work out for my situation....I returned it.
    My next door neighbor also bought one and returned it last week.
    These things do not work correctly for everyone and maybe AT&T is just getting rid of them.

5. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

Maybe your just not as important as you think you are.

6. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I'm not certain how I would find out if I'm an MVP, but that's not my question. Would I already need to have a wireless setup? My cable modem (not ATT and I use Home Connection...I use my home wiring to have a home network). My setup is the best overall way for me to use my cable modem throughout the house. I have HPNA adaptors for any needed cable connections for me.

I can't see pay $20-30 for this technology since I already have a fast cable connection, but wonder if this is even something I should be considering since I don't have a wireless setup to begin with.

Thanks for any info that would shed any light on this technology as it applies to my situation!

7. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

People need to stop spreading rumors that this service cost $20 to $30, it is free to use if you do not want the unlimited calls at home.