Carrier AT&T Go Phone Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MSK5959, Dec 5, 2014.

1. MSK5959 macrumors member

Just got a text from AT&T for my go phone plan. I pay $60.00/month, but get $5.00 back since I use auto pay. I almost never use all my data, but if I did, it's nice to know that I would at least have data to check emails, etc.

Attached Files:

• Text.jpg
      Text.jpg
      File size:
      155.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, wonder if this will carry over to their postpaid plans as well. Going to throttled "unlimited" service across the board would be a major change for AT&T, since it basically does away with overage charges (or on GoPhone plans, requiring customers to purchase a bloc of data when they go over their monthly cap).

I used an AT&T GoPhone plan for years before switching to T-Mobile when I bought my first iPhone. Their stingy data allotments and ridiculously high prices for additional data blocs at that time gave me plenty of reason to change carriers.

Things are a lot more competitive now, and if AT&T now offers 2.5 GB 4G/LTE and unlimited throttled data for $60/month, that cuts very close to T-Mobile's $60/month plan that offers 3 GB of 4G/LTE data on a less extensive network. Since I don't use a lot of voice minutes, T-Mobile's $30 prepaid plan with 5 GB 4G/:TE data and 100 voice minutes still works great for me, and I've yet to see anything comparable from competitors.