AT&T got something right for a change

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sziehr, Jun 27, 2009.

1. sziehr macrumors 6502a

So I have to sat I am not a fan of AT&T. However my weekend trip I was greeted by a nice surprise. I looked up that the smookie mountain tn area had sparse coverage and edge at that. I was all prepared for a iPhone less weekend when what to my sheer amazment there is 3g. Not just 3g but blazing fast 1700 Kbps speed. Just figured I would share my intresting finding

Short read:
    pigion forge tn at the foot of the smookies has full blast 3g
    :)

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Nice when I went to Rocky Mount, NC earlier this month all I could get was EDGE. I never realized how spoiled I was having great 3G coverage where I live.

3. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

I live way out of the normal coverage zones... up in the hills and woods (at least in a NJ context). I was so excited the day a brand new 3G tower went up over the next hill last year... line-of-sight from my driveway!

4. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

Last year, a month after the 3G release I went camping in West Virginia. I was expecting absolutely no coverage but was shocked I too had 3G right down the road from the campsite and strong Edge coverage in my tent on the camp grounds.

5. joesegh macrumors regular

Pigeon Forge is one of the weirdest towns in America. Nothing but breakfast restaurants and creepy family fun places. The upside down greek-style building is pretty sweet though.

6. K3mp macrumors 6502

It is. My cousin has a cabin not far away from it and we go there every summer. We mostly go rafting and stuff though. The nascar park is fun. AT&T's coverage is not perfect, but it is getting there.

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I had one of these moments yesterday.

I was expecting little to no service where I was in Wisconsin but, to my total surprise, I got 3 bars of signal and EDGE. Good enough to make me happy.

8. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

You're lucky. In the UK there would have been protests and a 24/7 vigil at the proposed site then they would try to pull it down in case it ruined the view of a spoil heap next to it or microwaved a sparrow 300 miles away.

9. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

I am a new AT&T customer as of the 3G S on launch day. Here in
    Phoenix I am happy to say I have 5 bars everywhere I go. So I
    was prepared to be disappointed in the service but so far it's been
    straight aces. Now if they could get the price down like $20 a month .......

10. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

After hiking/climbing to the top of Mt. Bierstadt in Colorado (14,060 feet), the wife had 5 bars of EDGE at the summit yesterday.

People complain about coverage, but we have never had a problem, AT&T has always served me well. For those who don't know, this mountain is in the middle of nowhere.