AT&T handled activations really well this time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alana22, Jun 25, 2010.

1. alana22 macrumors regular

No system failures, at least none big enough to be newsworthy, and it seems no store lines got held up due to system crashes or failures. Just giving credit where it's due!

2. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Good for them. I for one, actually love AT&T.

3. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

I'm fairly impressed. Even with Apple shipping most pre-orders for the 23rd there were still a ton of phones that needed to be activated yesterday and it appears they handled it really well. Also, here in the DFW area, AT&T's coverage is fantastic. No complaints from a former T-Mobile user.

4. mangohippo macrumors member

yeah, I agree, the longest part of activation for me was updating iTunes...after that the whole process took about two minutes.

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I agree -- everything seemed to go very smoothly, unlike past launches, and that is great! I suspect that having had the deliveries to people who had preordered going out a day or two earlier than originally scheduled made a difference. Also, Apple has clearly learned from previous launches, too, as far as getting other updates/changes, etc., done prior to the launching of a new product. This year we saw the update to OS X, the update to iTunes, the availability of iOS 4 and the changes to MobileMe take place PRIOR to the arrival of the iPhone 4. This definitely eased the process yesterday, too!

Also, yesterday's experience in the Apple store went much more smoothly and felt less chaotic than previous launches, and IMHO that, too, made a difference. Instead of a whole lot of people all in the store at once and sales personnel trying to ring up their purchases and activate their new iPhones all at the same time there were fewer customers in the store at any given moment and each person was being assisted by an Apple person assigned to him or her. That worked very well, too.

6. ttate90303 macrumors regular

Yep, another plus to the Activation process. No glitches and was handled very well.

7. caranddriver macrumors regular

Total night and day from the order process. I think they must have beefed up everything since the launch. I also think getting the early 23rd activators out of the way was a smart move. Kudos to both companies considering order day fiasco.