AT&T handset allotments to different order channels

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by karmatourer, Oct 7, 2015.

1. karmatourer, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015

karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Is there such a thing? Or are we all in the same inaccurate fulfillment line? Are a certain number of handsets allotted to online orders, Company store orders,other outlets,ect. I had ordered through Customer Relations because they moved my eligibility date from Oct 23 to Release Day. Am I penalized for that? Others who ordered after I did are currently enjoying the exact handset I ordered. Of course there is no rhyme or reason to their fulfillment process. Yes,they gave the absurd shipping date of Oct 23-30 back on Sep 25. Why absurd you ask-because most of us know it will arrive sooner as that ABSURD date is a CYA for them. Rant over (for now).

2. karmatourer thread starter macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

The Collective doesn't have an answer. Not even a pithy reply. I'm shocked.

3. th3r3ds0x macrumors regular

th3r3ds0x

Everyone that ordered their 6s+ when preorders opened got an October ship date. When orders started shipping there definitely appeared to be no real order as some received tracking info on handsets that were ordered well after those that had ordered earlier. Best you can do is order directly through Apple next time seeing as At&t doesn't fulfill orders in a first come first served manner.

4. karmatourer thread starter macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Would like to but Apple doesn't do AT&T phones on contract. If I do buy outright next time around,Apple for sure.

5. karmatourer thread starter macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Mine is arriving on Tues,10/13,so they beat the 10/23-10/30 timeframe, as expected.