AT&T has ceased claiming "fewest dropped calls"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phungy, Aug 27, 2007.

1. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I knew about T-Mobile's customer service reputation, but I'm quite surprised that it seems to be beating Verizon out in coverage in an overall sense.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

YAY!!!!!! That was the biggest lie I've ever heard

4. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I'm sorry, am I the only one who rarely has dropped calls with my AT&T service?? :confused::confused: I believed that motto because, by experience, I found it to be true. :cool:

5. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Hasn't Cingular/AT&T been boasting "more bars in more places" for a while?

All i know is that in the DC metro area, no carrier except verizon gets service in the metro (subway for anyone who doesn't live here :D) and thats huge. A friend of mine used to have t-mobile, and it didn't get service in a ton of places. A couple of my friends have AT&T, and i get better reception on verizon.

Now if only verizon had some cheaper plans, better phones, and good service... :(

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Wirelessly posted (HTC_P4350 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

you're the exception, not the rule :D

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I've never had a dropped call, not once. It's always the other persons end. :)

8. Vuzie macrumors regular

Vuzie

This is more of an issue that WMATA (the people that run metro) won't allow other carriers to install antennas in the metro system anymore. And the service you get there is a carryover from the older cell technology bands (which verizon is pretty much the only carrier of) that WMATA uses for communication throughout the Metro. Besides.... during rush hour.. do you really want to be cooped in a tiny tube car with tons of people all on their cell phone?

9. MLeepson macrumors 6502

Same here, but I never connect. :eek:

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Wirelessly posted (HTC_P4350 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

yep, I suppose you can't drop a call if it doesn't go through in the first place. Maybe at&t weren't lying :rolleyes:

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I've had one. Any other time, it's just due to lack of signal on the other persons end. Well, could be mine too. I swear my house is a black hole. Aside from the 3 feet near any window, there's nothing. Not even in the back yard!

12. jng macrumors 65816

jng

My experience is that AT&T forces me to drop the call. I literally lose the perosn and am speaking into a void until I finaly decide to hang up and not pay for extra minutes. Then I have to call the other person back or they call me back.