AT&T Has Failed Me!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlluna, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jlluna macrumors 6502

Hello everyone. I just had the worst experience with AT&T!
    I have been with AT&T for about 10 years,Never ever had a problem before until today. Never late paying a bill. Ever.I have a total of 4 lines on this account. So i had 2 lines that were eligible for an upgrade. I went online where a always pay my bill every month. about 300 bucks a month, and i tried to order the iPhone 4s. Paid for it and got my email from them and it said my iPhone 4s order has been done. A few hours later i get this email saying
    Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online. As a result, your order has been canceled.

If you would like to purchase additional lines of service, please visit one of our AT&T retail locations and present your identification to our representatives. They will be happy to help you purchase new wireless devices, accessories, and service.

Go to att.com/storelocator to find a store near you.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

I called AT&T and try to find out what was going on.they had no IDEA! I had 2 lines available for upgrades.so they transferred me to the online order folks.
    They just said i have to go to the store and take 2 pieces of ID and order it there. I asked why? has my account been compromised? They did not know. so i said who would know? No Answer. So now tomorrow i have to go to the AT&T store to see if i could have the privilege of ordering the iPhone 4S. I am really mad at AT&T i have 3 other iPhone 4 on my account and never had a problem ordering online before.I am very tempeted to cancel my account! PS: The rep even told me to please go to the AT&T store tomorrow, because they do not want to lose me as the customer, Because as far customers go I'm am a top tier customer.Hmmm?:confused:

2. mom333 macrumors regular

That sounds ludicrous! I would have demanded to speak with someone higher up. Good luck!

3. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

You aren't the only one. They took away one of my upgrades since the line changed the number. Someone was stalking and making unwanted calls so we had no choice. They charged us $36 then and now I find out I lost the upgrade. Will be taking my lines elsewhere

4. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

I just don't understand, they say they do not want to loose me as a customer, but, I have to go through the hassle of waiting at the At&T store to order my phone. I could pay them 300 dollars a month online, but i cant order the new phone online? and to add how much money a pay them a month. my son was stationed in Iraq last year, and 2 monhs of the whole year he was there my bill was over 1000 dollars for each of those months. So I have been a very loyal and on time paying customer.

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Spare us another AT&T done did me wrong post and go to the store and figure it out.

6. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I'd call back and ask for a manager. That's just ridiculous!!!!

7. jlluna, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

Figure what how. no one at AT&T has a clue! Is what I am saying!

8. hushmartin macrumors 6502

That's stupid. The people at the store will just end up calling into customer service FOR you. Call and get a manager, they will figure it out.

9. mottdog macrumors member

I would try calling in the morning and get transferred to a supervisor. It sucks hanging in the store doing customer service stuff all day. Have them check your account history so they know you mean business and are not a deadbeat customer.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I suspect it was just the computers inability to verify as they were over loaded.

11. rkahl macrumors 65816

I really don't know what AT&T can do at this point. It seems that your order has been cancelled and all the phones have sold out for the 14th. Guess you will probably have to wait the next round.

12. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey folks, so i went to AT&T this morning, and I immediately asked for the manager. guess what? She was not in. But the girl that was there said she would be happy to help me. So I explained the whole situation I was having with her company. She asked if I moved recently. I said about a year ago, but I had gone to AT&T while I was living in my new adress and got a phone there before. She had no other explanation, and she was very nice, and polite, and very professional. She went and ordered my phone for me.So I will be getting a call from AT&T on Monday, and they better get to the bottom of this. I pay way to much money to AT&T to not be able to order online like everyone else.