AT&T Has no 3G iPhones for direct order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spartantex, Jul 14, 2008.

1. spartantex macrumors newbie

I wanted to see how many other people this happened to:

I waited in line on Friday for 3 hours only to have our local AT&T store run out of 3G iPhones 3 people ahead of me. The rest of us were told by the guys at the store we could direct order the 3G iPhone and have it 5 to 7 days later GUARANTED!

When I checked the status it says they are back-ordered.
    When I contacted AT&T they told me we were not guaranteed anything and that they don’t even know how the stores could order it since it was completely sold out.
    I ordered the 16gb Black.

Has anybody had the direct order 3G iPhone from AT&T show as shipped or received?

2. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

This really sucks, and is the reason why I will never order this phone...I will just keep checking at the two Apple stores or an ATT store that has it in stock.

3. jvn1 macrumors newbie

there is another thread where people have said theirs has shipped. Mine shipped FedEx today standard overnight with an est arrival of tuesday at 3pm. I got the white. My sister got a 8gb and hers hasnt shipped. Im guessing it depends on which phone you ordered im thinking.

4. spartantex thread starter macrumors newbie

What's the link to the thread?

5. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I ordered a phone from AT&T on Friday 7/11 after waiting a total of close to 5 hours between Apple and AT&T - found out I had to go to AT&T because of a FAN number on my account. Anywho, they sold out 2 people in front of me. Sad thing is the guy wanted a 216G, but took the 8GB anyway and would return it when the 16's come in. I wanted an 8GB.

When I ordered it I was told it would be in on Monday, Monday rolls around and the order status line says that it is back-ordered.

Today I went to AT&T and cancelled the order, had the hold taken off my debit card and also had the FAN number removed from the account. I will give it 24 hours and then I will go to the Apple Store and get the phone there. If I can't get the 8GB by payday, I may consider the 16GB after that since I'll have the extra $!00. But at the same time that extra $100 could go towards some apps that I've already picked out on iTunes and maybe a case, dock, or maybe even Mobile Me.

6. jvn1 macrumors newbie

7. strokesimon macrumors newbie

I ordered one today. How do you find out if yours shipped or not? Do you get an email automatically after you order it, or does it take a couple of days? Also, I called the AT&T in another city and was told that it would be much quicker to direct order the phone because shipments for sale wouldn't come in for another 2 weeks, whereas direct orders would be filled within 3-5 business days.

8. ryanxslabaugh macrumors member

I got a confirmation email that said they received my order and they would charge me when they ship it and I would get an email saying it was shipped and I checked my bank account and I was charged but no email saying it was shipped.