AT&T Has Us For Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Syrus28, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Syrus28 macrumors 6502a

Syrus28

I just realized with the new iPhone coming out, how many people are talking about "upgrading". With the iPhone coming out a little more than a year before the 1st, along with them offering the subsidized price for previous iPhone users, there will be millions upgrading to get the "newest" iPhone. They'll continue to release iPhones on a yearly basis, give us the subsidized price, and watch us extend our contract for ANOTHER 2 years, knowing a new one is coming out next year. Knowing Apple's fanbase, they essentially have us for life. :D

2. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

True. but with so many customers it can only get better right? not necessarily cheaper, but the quality may go up? [coverage, etc.] I hope at least...

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Except the AT&T exclusive deal ends in 2012...well, the world end anyway then, so I guess you're right either way.

4. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

What people don't realize, Interstella, is that the world ends because of the exclusivity deal.

5. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Also, you might not get the subsidized price for every years release, as they may hold you to the 20 something months for upgrade eligibility from here on.

6. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik