At&t headache

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kvizzel, Mar 22, 2011.

1. kvizzel, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Just finished with about an hour at the AT&T store with the iPad 2 trying to get the promo.

Long story short, they made me enter my info into the iPad 2 with the sim card already in it from Apple. So my account gets charge with $25 for the 2GB, then they say that doesn't work because the promo wasn't added.

They make me a AT&T account, then give me a second sim card and she says when I activate that the promo should work etc.

I ask about the first sim card that was already charged $25 she says it doesn't show up on her systems so it probably wasn't charged.

I ask to keep it, I get home...

Low and behold... the sim card they give me doesn't work. My first sim card still has the data plan and was charged.

Whatever... forget the promo, I'll go back tomorrow and cancel the account they made me with the second sim card. Just in case so nothing happens.

GAAAH. I'm going crazy.

How did they get you into the promo?
    and
    Since my charge is already charged, I probably can't cancel it right? Just have to use it for the first month.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

What promo? The free month of data? In order to get it you must add it to your post paid account and what every ATT rep has told me is that you must have a corporate business account to get it enabled.