at&t htc inspire

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Feb 25, 2011.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

can this phone be jailbroken like the iphone4? i love my ip4 but am very jealous of the larger screen, 4g capability, and the voice to text options.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Welcome to a Mac iPhone forum. Maybe it would be better to go to an android forum to ask this question?

3. pricej636 macrumors 6502

You would be "rooting" the phone as it is in android land. Android central and or xda forums are going to be a better resource for you than an apple forum.

4. walie macrumors 6502a

most of the things you would jailbreak an iphone for can be done on a stock android device without a need for rooting

5. Weiser878 macrumors regular

I really like what I see in the Inspire, but be careful and don't get all caught up in that "4G" nonsense. Its not available in most places right now, and where it is, its really not that much faster.

If the next iPhone doesn't have a larger screen at least (and preferably a larger form factor overall) I'll probably skip it and get an HTC while keeping my iPhone 4.
    I've wanted more experience with Android, but hate most of its implementations. HTC is the one I like the most, and ironically its the one Android purists like least because its the most "iPhone like"

If you do get it, I'd be interested in your experience with it

6. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

dont get me wrong. i love love love my ip4, but i like how the htc in larger and faster. but i dont think i can not have my appstore and being jailbroke. i sure hope the next iphone has a larger screen and is voice text capable

7. Highcroft macrumors regular

I browse the xda forums and the Inspire has already been rooted. It's fairly complicated at the moment, but in a few days a one-click method should be available.