AT&T Identity Verification Flag

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by puma1552, Oct 7, 2011.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Ugh, I ordered a pair of them through AT&T's site when the preorders went live (new customers), billing and shipping addresses match, and wake up to an email saying I have to call them and sit on hold for identity verification. On hold for 25 minutes now. WTF?

AT&T is already not looking good.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You got to expect the phones to be a little busy.

As you are a new customer they just want to confirm a few things before they send out over $1000 in hardware.

Just try back later in the day and they will get it sorted out.

AT&T has done well for me for years and years.

3. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Yeah, I understand that...just not sure what they plan on asking me to verify my identity besides the stuff I already had to put in the site to buy the phones, like SSN and birthdate, etc. It's not like I have secret questions set up with them so I'm not sure how they are going to verify my identity if all they can do is ask for information I (or a scammer) already gave them while ordering the phones.:confused:

4. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Been on hold with AT&T for a while now, got through, lady had no clue what was up with being asked for identity verification and had to have me read her the email, "transferred" me which actually just put me back to the main menu I started with where I had to press buttons on the phone, got through again to another guy who also had no clue and needed me to read him the email, and now I'm on hold again being "transferred".

I'm not impressed. If they can't sort this out and maintain my October 14th delivery, I very likely will cancel the order and go to Verizon, who was my gut feeling carrier to begin with. Had them for years, great coverage, no issues, just put off by the slower CDMA network.

So far AT&T is proving to be utter shithouse.

I want AT&T's features with Verizon's coverage.

5. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Got it sorted out, but they couldn't tell me when I'd get the phones now.

In other words, they didn't want to tell me that what should've been an Oct. 14th delivery probably got screwed back to October 28th.