AT&T in AZ

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sonoran, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Sonoran macrumors member

I currently am with Sprint & anxiously awaiting the end of my contract in the fall. I really want to consider the iPhone when my contract is up.

However I have am having some reservations about the AT&T network in Arizona and in particular the Flagstaff area. I travel between Phoenix & Flagstaff a lot & don't want to put out a lot of $$ if the reception/coverage in Flagstaff is spotty.

Can I hear back from AZ residents about their AT&T experience, please? When in Flagstaff I am in the downtown area and the area around Little America (South & East of downtown Flag).

Thank you.

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I live in Ahwatukee (East Phoenix) and travel a great deal for work. My experience with AT&T in Phoenix has been less than satisfactory. I am constantly dropping calls all over the city and at home. I have not travelled north but it seems that reception just depends on how lucky you are to be close to an AT&T tower. I swithced from Verizon specifically so that I could have an iPhone. Verizon was FAR superior as far as reception goes. I literally dropped 5 or 6 calls in the 8 years I was with Verizon. I now drop calls at least 2 or 3 times a week with AT&T. As I indicated above I also travel. Again, sometimes reception is just fine and sometimes it stinks. I was in downtown Chicago and had trouble with getting a signal. Walked 3 blocks and had 5 bars...go figure. Fort Lauderdale, Florida was TERRIBLE. Fortunately I still have another phone as backup (Verizon) and it worked fine there.

These are just my experiences. Your mileage may vary.

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Have you looked at the Coverage Viewer? The Flagstaff coverage looks horrible. There isn't all that much real AT&T coverage. There is some 3rd Party coverage and there is a whole lot of no coverage.