at&t Internet Sucks

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by (StationOfPlay), Mar 27, 2008.

1. (StationOfPlay) macrumors newbie

Gosh.
    Every Ten minutes I get this message telling me that the broadband link is unavailable. I'm using DSL Wireless on my iMac.
    I have called at&t at least 10 times, and they took me through many processes of changing filters, changing wires, they even sent us a brand new router/modem . . . still nothing.
    So finally they sent someone out to look at the lines outside, and he said everything is fine outside.
    So he came inside to see what was going on, we got on the internet, and the second we started browsing the message came up. The guy from at&t went through our router settings, and he couldn't find what the problem was. So he told us it may be caused from our mac.
    I called Apple, and they told me to go through our router setting. He asked me what kind of security is it at. I told him "WEP 64bit."
    He told me that macs don't support that type of security, and I need to change it to WPA. I call at&t, and they change it to WPA. It works for a day, then i start getting that message again.
    I'm really getting sick of all this bull crap.
    By any chance, do you guys know how I can fix this problem?:mad:

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

What happens when you are directly connected to the router? Do you get any errors then?

3. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

As much as my AT&T cell service sucks, I do have to say I have really goo reliability with their DSL. I get 4.8 Mbps down and 640Kbps up, and it almost never craps out on me. It wasn't always that way.

4. Stercus macrumors newbie

Yes, what happens when you are plugged into the router? Is it the DSL link that is going down or is the wireless signal dropping out?

5. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

Wow, i feel sorry for you. My internet doesn't act like that at all.

6. memauss macrumors newbie

mine sucks too

I call AT&T monthly and I have the same problem! I am so aggravted!!! And what's worse is that their customer service stinks! Did you get any resolve to the issue???