AT&T Inventory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Detlev, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Detlev macrumors 6502a

We have just been informed by our local AT&T store that they will in fact NOT have the iPhone G3 Friday, July 11. They were informed last night. They are asking for payment presently and will do what they are calling "Direct Fulfillment". We are being asked to wait for a phone call from them some days later when our phones arrive. They are also waiving connection fees on each phone but say they do not know if other stores are doing the same.

Best to check with your local kiosk/store to see if they will in fact have them or if they are offering the "discount".

2. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

Is this place listed on the website as having the iPhone?

3. Detlev thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, it is. I just checked again.

4. HyQuality macrumors regular

That settles it...

I'm not trusting AT&T to have enough iphones in stock and to handle the activations/upgrades properly. I'm going to the apple store on friday, dammit.

5. Detlev thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately we can't. We're opening a business account. They've got us by the proverbial gonads.

6. animenick65 macrumors 6502

I'm hoping Apple has the iPhone availability feature on their site again to show who has iPhones left.

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

They said they will, I don't feel like hunting down the release, but I do remember seeing it.

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Are they letting you order the phone NOW or do you have to wait until Friday and wait in a line of people to make that order?

9. HyQuality macrumors regular

Knowing AT&T, they'll most likely make people wait on line, then run over to their manager when you ask to buy an iphone, disappear for 20 minutes, then come back and say that you need to get on a waitlist and pay upfront & sign contract for it, and then they'll lose your info and never get back to you.

10. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I just reread his post and he said "will do" so I assume no preorders until Friday.

I guess I am lucky that MY AT&T store has some really nice and helpful people. It is nice living in a small town instead of a big city sometimes.

11. Detlev thread starter macrumors 6502a

The sales person has said to call in tomorrow (Thursday), pay for the service and phone, then pick them up 2-3 business days later—when they call. He says they will activate them when we pick them up.

Their incentives are we won't have to wait in line and the waiving of the connection fees on each phone. The down side would be waiting a few more days.

My guess is they are "holding" the order until Friday, run them then while we are not there, receive the phones, and call customers in some sort of order according to who placed orders first. I also think there might be many upset people if they think they are going there on Friday to get a phone.

12. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Thanks for the heads up. I will check my local store on thursday and do not mind doing the preorder thing if I must. It is not uncommon for Fed Ex to take a while to get things to out tiny island unless you really pay for their most expensive shipping.

Are you in a place with more choices? Maybe if there are 3 or 4 AT&T stores in an area maybe they will not all get some but if there is just 1 and no Apple store maybe it got a little priority.

13. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

my local AT&T store is getting 130. I am going to Apple because I think they will have more supply

14. number9 macrumors 6502

Where abouts in the US are you located? Just out of curiosity to see if its a location thing..

15. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I don't think anyone will have an iPhone G3 this Friday.

16. Fuizer macrumors member

Hmmm..

I was at my LARGE local AT&T store in downtown Salt Lake City and they informed me that they shall have "Plenty" of the iPhone 3G in stock. I argued with them for at least an hour to have them let me go to the Apple store to buy my phone but they were being stubborn. This was at 8:10 mind you. They better have not got a call after I left telling the store that, "sorry but you won't be recieving any iPhone 3G's this friday, instead you need to make your customers get on a waiting list to piss them off. We are sorry for the problem but we sent more phones over to Europe again because we want to have more customers over there."

I will **** a brick if they don't have them in stock.

17. Tattoo macrumors 6502

Im still waiting for the iPhone G5!! :)

18. acrafton macrumors 6502

Apple employees a little clueless. ..

So at lunch I went into the Apple store and asked them about converting to a family plan but keeping my wife's G1 phone on it, moving my current non-att number to a new IPhone, etc. . .they were clueless. They (3 of them) had no clue on activations, plans, porting numbers. . .finally they sent me to the ATT store in the same complex. The folks there knew all about what I wanted to do, how to do it. . .I asked about stock for Friday and they said that they have been "assured" by corporate that the "won't run out.". . .

ATT store for me on Friday . . .just hope they have phones!