AT&T iPad no more truly unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iwayne, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

Anyone else get an email from AT&T that they are getting rid of truly unlimited iPad data. They will now throttle after 22GB.

Attached Files:

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Yet they still call it "unlimited". Just call it 22GB and call it a day.

3. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It might be time to dump the plan and just add it to my regular AT&T family plan.

4. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

I have an unlimited plan (which I'm interested in selling!) and I didn't receive the email at all.. Maybe only some people are getting the message based on usage?

Anyways.. unlimited (or at least 22gb) for $29.95 still isn't bad. And, no overage charges, etc..

5. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

I'm guessing it's because the FCC is a lot less.... "regulatory" now, what with the plans to roll back net neutrality. Win for corporations, loss for customers.

6. gobikerider macrumors 68020

gobikerider

This has been in all their recent ads in the small fine print saying they will throttle at 22gb.

7. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I've used 50GB on the AT&T Mobley plan this month that throttles after 22GB. I didn't notice any difference after 22GB and it streams like normal. I don't think it's that big a deal on the iPad plan either, but I doubt people will pay big bucks for it anymore--certainly not $2,000-3,000.

8. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I figured it would come out at renewal time, but I got mine overnight. My usage this current period is by far my heaviest ever, since I moved SIM to hotspot due to bad hotel Wi-Fi, but I think Im only around 6-7GB.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 29, 2017 ---
    And unless you have a good multiline plan that you can move it onto, there really isn't any prices good enough to switch to. Unless I decided to go T-Mobile, limit my normal usage to 200MB/month, and only pay for higher plans for necessary months. I don't really like signing into my work wi-fi where i can be tracked.

9. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Because it's not a 22GB plan. It's still unlimited.

10. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

They can call this: 22GB LTE speed network, and fine print: unlimited access of data in a lower speed.

This could also keep some guys from constantly using their phone or pad to download stuff.

11. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

That's not accurate either. You're not throttled after 22GB. You're deprioritized, which means you only MAY be throttled at certain times in certain areas when there is network congestion. Some people can use 100+ GB and never be throttled.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

About time some have to pay for wifi like the rest of us. ATT action were predictable.

13. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

Those that live in the country like myself, don't have wifi providers available to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.