iPad Pro AT&T iPad Pro 3rd gen locked?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rpecs, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Rpecs macrumors newbie

Hello Apple enthusiasts,
    Quick question. I’ve purchased the new iPad Pro used from someone who got it via att. She had showed me verification that she purchased it and proof that she also paid it off with att receipts (just in case people comment that it’s stolen).

Well, I no longer have ATT, and switched to Verizon. I asked att if I need to unlock it, and one person told me no cause it’s already unlocked. To verify, I went to the att unlock site, put in the IMEI number and said that it did not match at att account device. So I said, great, must be unlocked. So I tried to add the device to my Verizon account and they said the IMEI isn’t compatible with the iPad. I then used my Verizon iphone sim and inserted into the iPad and looked like I had service and worked. I guess what I am trying to ask is, is it unlocked? Why is ATT and Verizon giving me different answers? Help lol

2. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors 6502

I purchased a 3rd gen 1tb SG LTE from att. I dont have att . I’m on T-Mobile.

Anyway, I have a free unlimited tablet line on tmo but they didnt carry the flagship tablet hence why i went to att.

I currently have a tmo sim in the ipad and have zero issues with data. I also have an att backup on the embedded sim.

I was told by an att manager locally here in la when i was initially looking for these tablets that att do not lock the tablet. Based on this and my ability to use my tablet on T-Mobile, I’d say these are not locked to att....