Carrier AT&T iPhone 11 BOGO Details

robertoh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Hi folks,

There's a promo going on over at AT&T right now where if you add a new line with an iPhone 11, you get a "free" iPhone 11 with a $300 Visa gift card.

Has anyone ever tried the following:
- Port an existing AT&T line to Google Voice, thus cancelling the line on the account
- Signing up for the AT&T BOGO by porting the number from Google Voice back to the same AT&T account

Would the following work? Let me know if this makes sense or if I could get screwed somehow.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
If I remember correctly from back in the day when I used to work at Best Buy, you have to wait 60 to 90 days before you can port a number back to ATT.

I remember I had a client trying to do this and she bought a prepaid phone with Verizon and ported her number to them. Then after activating it she called att to try and port her number back to att and they said she had to wait. I think it was 60 or 90 days. I don’t know if this has changed.

Reactions: robertoh

robertoh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
If I remember correctly from back in the day when I used to work at Best Buy, you have to wait 60 to 90 days before you can port a number back to ATT.

I remember I had a client trying to do this and she bought a prepaid phone with Verizon and ported her number to them. Then after activating it she called att to try and port her number back to att and they said she had to wait. I think it was 60 or 90 days. I don’t know if this has changed.
Interesting, that would be a problem. How long ago was this?