Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt Jones

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2020
Doubtful you would have gotten it launch day either. I ordered my 12 Pro through apple 6 minutes after the store went live and my date is Nov 3-6.

At least you can always count on Apple to try to underpromise, AT&T doesn't really care lol.

Reactions: pilotpat

Ryan_W

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2020
Stumbled on this Googling (switching from Android to iPhone so new to this), and thought I'd throw in my data point. Ordered Friday at 1205, delivery by 10/26-11/2, currently still showing "in progress". New ATT&T account if at all relevant.

I don't believe it interrupted the order at all (at least, no delivery dates changed, nor did order time), but there was a minor SNAFU with number porting that night not fully resolved till Saturday morning.

Ktm.Moto

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2011
Am I the only person in here that has estimated ship dates of 10/19-10/21? I ordered Saturday morning (day after launch) so I find it hard to believe i’ll get it on launch day. Something seems wrong with my order...

I called ATT and they assured me everything is fine but still seems odd. Order is still in progress. 128GB 12 Pro in Blue

insman1

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2011
West Virginia
Why? You realize this is totally normal, right? At least give it until thursday and if you don’t hear anything, it is most likely because you waited two days after preorders opened and will probably get the phone closer to your estimated delivery date. You’re in line behind a bunch of people who ordered before you and while you might get your order earlier than estimated, customer service can’t change your place in line.
Yeah. I was out of own and got in Sunday and immediately ordered. I know the drill, but the date seemed far out - almost three weeks. Thought it might be because of the fires in CA, but just remembered they are shipped from China. Thanks for the information.

insman1

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2011
West Virginia
Am I the only person in here that has estimated ship dates of 10/19-10/21? I ordered Saturday morning (day after launch) so I find it hard to believe i’ll get it on launch day. Something seems wrong with my order...

I called ATT and they assured me everything is fine but still seems odd. Order is still in progress. 128GB 12 Pro in Blue
What number did you call? I called 855-706-4887 and 844-386-5987. Neither worked.

megwards27

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2020
Pre-Ordered the 256 gb Pro Blue at 6:51 am CT and still showing in progress with delivery being 10/23-11/2. I also have FedEx delivery notifications and have not received anything from them. I'm crossing my fingers it gets updated tomorrow or Thursday but will not stress if it doesn't happen.

I always pre-order through ATT and have had later shipping dates once or twice before but still received on launch day.
[automerge]1603224072[/automerge]
***Frantically Checks UPS app***
Damn, no updates... I feel a little better though.
ATT ships through FedEx so UPS wouldn't have anything.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

IssaAppleThing

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2020
I hope we all get our phones Friday. I'm assuming things will start moving tomorrow on AT&T's order status page.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougN1

BDwy27

macrumors regular
May 27, 2015
*Non ATT topic*
A tip if you want any accessories
I ordered a MagSafe charger and a usb C brick off apple app. Nov 5-nov11 delivery window. Elected in store pick up and many available within this week. Pick up times is scheduled due to COVID.

Reactions: Ladyc0524

brianld

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Seattle
My wife’s 12 pro 256GB gold went preparing to ship several hours ago. Oct 26-Nov 2 original time frame.
Good news indeed ... crossing my fingers here for same luck, as I also have 10/26 - 11/02 window. 12 pro 256 graphite.

Did your estimated delivery date change by chance?

BDwy27

macrumors regular
May 27, 2015
My wife’s 12 pro 256GB gold went preparing to ship several hours ago. Oct 26-Nov 2 original time frame.

Did you get a att email on the prep for shipping? If so, that means I can stop refreshing the order status page and just wait for a updated email!

Eradik

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Did you get a att email on the prep for shipping? If so, that means I can stop refreshing the order status page and just wait for a updated email!
Not who you're replying to, but in my experience recently no, you don't get a 'preparing to ship' email. You'll get an email when it's shipped with the tracking number, but not one for the preparing.

Zimri

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2020
My guess would be for those of us seeing our orders in the In Progress status, is that they are already stateside and will flip to shipping Wednesday or Thursday as they will be shipped overnight anyways. Just my idea.
You're probably right. I live next to a big city so they will probably ship it last minute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.