AT&T Iphone 3G Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eLpRiMo18, Jul 6, 2008.

1. eLpRiMo18 macrumors newbie

I want to know if its possible to buy the Iphone 3G and use it with my current plan. I have a family plan for 3 lines with 1400 minutes, and I only pay 110. I really don't want to change the entire plan for less minutes and more money. I just want to continue with my plan, purchase an Iphone 3G for my line. I don't need the special plans for the Iphone, like the 3G and stuff like that. All I need is to be able to make calls, and sent txt, but I currently have that added to my line.

Thank you in advanced...

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

if you get the iphone 3g u have to have the 3g data plan

3. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

the only thing that would change is your data plan from $20 to $30. Other than that, everything else would remain the same.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Also, if the extra 10$ really matters, you can always opt for an original iPhone. But the 10$ will be worth it, so just do it. :D

5. Geffen macrumors 6502

There is an additional $5 for 200 text messages since the 3G data does not include text messages like the first generation iphone plan does. so actually you'll be paying $35 for the 3G data plan or an additional $15 for existing iphone owners.

6. eLpRiMo18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I get it, So I will only be paying for the data plan on my line. What about if I dont want to get the data plan, is the data plan necessary for the Iphone 3G? I have search around but I am not clear as to what does the data plan allowed the phone to do other than having 3G. if this is true, I do not need 3G, because I am 90% of the day in a wi-fi area.

Thank You...

7. D3lta macrumors 6502a

The data plan is mandatory, just like the first-gen iPhone. $30 a month.