AT&T iPhone 4 In-store Pickup June 25th??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jak92492, Jun 8, 2010.

1. jak92492 macrumors newbie

I read somewhere that if you choose the AT&T In-store pick up option when you are pre-ordering, you get your iPhone 4 on June 25th. I just called AT&T and they told me they are doing things differently as in the past, and it must be shipped to your home as they are not having an in-store pick up. I don't think she knew what she was talking about though. Is there a source for this info?

2. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

I posted in another thread when I got off the phone with the ATT store here in wilmington nc (i'd call the store the att customer service 1800 line just read me off the media release). The guy at the store said that unless I want to camp out there would be no way to walk into the store and obtain a phone on June 24th, but that it would be guaranteed to be delivered to my house on June 24 if I pre-ordered. So if you pre-order with store pickup you will not be able to obtain your phone until June 25th or after.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I bet on the 15th everything will be clear. Last year Apple listed all options on the order date.

4. thetaco25 macrumors member

How long will they hold your phone for at the store? Will it be through the weekend or just 24 hours?

5. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Call an ATT store that's what I did, they would know and some stores might do things differently. The stores should know people will be calling and should be able to tell you something don't call customer service she told me it is on a store by store basis. Hope this helps.

6. Hovey macrumors regular

Most Apple stores have at least one or two associates on the release day and several days after to handle pre orders. So waiting would be limited to the number of pre orders to the Apple store. Don't know about ATT stores.

7. jak92492 thread starter macrumors newbie

For the 3GS they i could pick my pre order up the morning of the release..