AT&T iPhone 4 Pre-Orders Not Available On Launch Day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chaseardoin7, Jun 21, 2010.

1. chaseardoin7 macrumors regular

chaseardoin7

Can anyone shed some light on this? My AT&T store has told me that no pre-orders will be a available on launch day, they will be given out on Friday instead. This just sounds ridiculous.

Mine has shipped and I do have FedEx tracking.

2. iManny macrumors newbie

From my understanding after talking to At&t for hours if you shipped it to your house you will get it on the 24th, however if you are picking it up at the store it wont be available till the 25th-28th

3. LLL1424 macrumors 6502

LLL1424

im glad i had it shipped to my house then. i got a tracking number and everything went smoothly. order date is the 15th and i ordered around 6am.

4. DineshD macrumors member

Same. I'm still wondering why the tracking number isnt linked yet, it seems people who ordered on apple were able to track all the way from HKG.

5. agoat macrumors regular

awwww i preorder instore and they won't allow to shipped to my house. oh well it only one day

6. chaseardoin7 thread starter macrumors regular

chaseardoin7

just got off the phone with AT&T corporate. the representative informed me that they are telling people Friday is the guaranteed delivery date, that is only if something were to go wrong during shipment. she said that it should be at the stores on launch date, but they don't want to guarantee it, just in case.

i don't understand the problem. this wasn't an issue last year with preorders. i just think it's downright ridiculous if non-preorders get there's a day before.