Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoganJani

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Since first wave is passed and Online Pre-orders are tracked in other thread, can we have a thread to track and talk the status on AT&T INSTORE orders only who could not cancel order with the adamant personnel at the store?

I ordered 32 GB White instore at 10:00 AM Pacific time. Still backordered.

Order date: 10/07/11
Order time: 10:00 AM pacific

Thanks.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Seriously? At this point, if you're still backordered, go into an AT&T store and DEMAND that they cancel your pre-order and sell you a phone from their remaining stock. I haven't heard of an AT&T store that's completely sold out of phones yet. If one store won't do this for you, walk out and go to another AT&T store. This is what I did, and it worked for me. The in-store pre-orders are basically dead in the water.

JoganJani

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Seriously? At this point, if you're still backordered, go into an AT&T store and DEMAND that they cancel your pre-order and sell you a phone from their remaining stock. I haven't heard of an AT&T store that's completely sold out of phones yet. If one store won't do this for you, walk out and go to another AT&T store. This is what I did, and it worked for me. The in-store pre-orders are basically dead in the water.

I tried 3 different stores. They would not cancel my order. Either they do not know how to or they do not want to.

Anybody? Please post if you were able to cancel in Bay Area and which store.

Martron

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
i'm in the bay area. i haven't tried to cancel because every ATT store near me is sold out of all phones, but i was told by a CSR that it was possible to cancel at the store i bought it at and that if they wouldnt, i could call back and have them call the store themselves to tell them to do it.

PerplexShyt

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
my store said they couldn't cancel pre-orders.

I rant and raved until they FOUND the procedures on how to do it.

the manager literally went in the back for 15-20 minutes, and came out with screenshots of "new procedures".

I overheard him say to the other employee "yea it seems to be brand new"

so don't take no for an answer.

JoganJani

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
i'm in the bay area. i haven't tried to cancel because every ATT store near me is sold out of all phones, but i was told by a CSR that it was possible to cancel at the store i bought it at and that if they wouldnt, i could call back and have them call the store themselves to tell them to do it.

Yes that is what I was told as well. however, when I went to store they say they have no means of cancelling it. However, the store is out of stock too, now.

ewils19

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Dallas, TX
I tried 3 different stores. They would not cancel my order. Either they do not know how to or they do not want to.

Anybody? Please post if you were able to cancel in Bay Area and which store.

Did you try asking for a manager at those stores? I had an instore preorder as well but I was able to cancel it instore and walked out with an iPhone. They had to go ask the manager about it though and make sure that the preorder hadn't shipped yet.

JoganJani

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Did you try asking for a manager at those stores? I had an instore preorder as well but I was able to cancel it instore and walked out with an iPhone. They had to go ask the manager about it though and make sure that the preorder hadn't shipped yet.

I've always talked to manager at the store. But in vain.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
For over a decade and through every pre-order prior to launch, AT&T has been flawless for me. Getting the latest iPhone delivered to my house, every year, before 10AM launch day is wonderful :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.