AT&T iPhone 5 locked

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by afebros, Jan 7, 2014.

1. afebros macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2014
    Hello everybody.

I live in Brasil and I bought an american at&t iphone 5 for a good price. Now I need to unlock it and as I am not an att custumer I need to use some unlock services. I saw that these unlockers are having problem with att, should I still try with them?
    I remember that months ago I saw cheap prices for unlocking and now it is so expansive, where can I find better prices?
    I am thinking about using this one: officialunlocks website, does anybody know or have used it? Can I trust?

Thanks in advance
  2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2009
    AT&T will not unlock its phones to people who have never had an AT&T account, your only choices are to

Use a third party unlocking service
    Sell the phone to someone else
    Lend it to a friend in America and let him borrow the phone for 2 months and unlock it and send it back

AT&T requires a post paid customer keep the iPhone for 60 days before it is eligible to be unlocked. A prepaid customer needs 6 months

If you knew who originally had the phone then that person could probably could unlock the phone for you.
  3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    You can try chronic unlocks.
    I think they're around $30 or so.
  4. elvismsmarta macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2014
    Try ebay i got my iphone unlocked there recently, within 4 days. I can't reveal the seller but it cost around $25 and waiting for another unlock by another seller who is cheaper.Just make sure the seller has good feedback and is top rated seller.
  5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

Jun 11, 2009
    do they really work on iPhones? I'm kind of skeptical. because all unlocks technically come from apple. you know. connect to iTunes, back up, erase, restore, unlocked

i went to chronic unlocks and they said $124 and $139 on their faq