AT&T iPhone 5 Voicemail greeting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nkaufman, Dec 16, 2012.

1. nkaufman macrumors member

Got iPhone 5 w/AT&T. Default greeting provides number. Wanted default greeting but with my name at the place where my number is announced.

Called cust service, they asked me to call into my voicemail, go to personal options and choose option for name, record my name and that will work.

It doesn't.

Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks for your help.

2. aarmstrong27 macrumors regular

Unfortunately, Visual Voicemail only offers the two options of phone number or personal greeting.

3. nkaufman thread starter macrumors member

So when AT&T has the feature of providing recorded name instead of phone number in the message, that is not available for iPhone 5 w/visual mail? Strange..

4. aarmstrong27 macrumors regular

Correct. It has been this way with every generation on iPhone.

AT&T also offers an amazing paid voicemail package called Enhanced Voicemail that gives all kinds of extra stuff: extended absence greeting, call reject greeting, regular greeting, etc.; all of which are not compatible with Visual Voicemail.

5. nkaufman thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info.

Amazing isn't it as to how such a simple thing cannot be handled in this day and age!!

6. aarmstrong27 macrumors regular

I agree. I loved Enhanced Voicemail on my work cell when I worked for AT&T, but now I can't use it.