AT&T iPhone 5S not compatible with Tmo, According to Tmo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahfu25, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I got my iPhone 5S unlocked from AT&T with hopes of moving over to Tmo. I went on the Tmo website and selected the option to bring my own device and this is the message I get. Any thoughts or advice?

Attached Files:

2. VolceOntra macrumors 6502

VolceOntra

That false, my roommate has been using an att unlocked iPhone on their network for 5 months.

3. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

The AT&T and T-Mobile iPhones 5s is the same hardware. If it's unlocked it will work.

4. Garen macrumors regular

Garen

I moved my 2 unlocked at&t 5S to T-mobile 5 months ago no problem whatsoever they are the same phones,

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Your screenshot does not indicate anything about not compatible. You should correct your clickbait fabricated thread title.

I propose: "TMobile's database monkey's didnt adaquately fill in their compatibility list"
    Or
    "TMobile's hacking team couldnt extract a complete list of IMEI numbers out of ATT"

6. nicholasss macrumors regular

Why even bother with that process?
    Just get a sim card and start using it.

7. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This was my mistake lol. Look at the link...I chose the wrong link in my results from google. That's for pre-paid service. Which isn't what it want.

8. natewsmith79 macrumors newbie

Take your phone to an actual CORPORATE T-MOBILE STORE and they will properly switch it over to their network! I had an old ATT iPhone 4 and it's worked just fine, now I have an iPhone 5.

9. nicholasss macrumors regular

If it's unlocked already there's nothing to "switch over." Pop in the SIM card and you're ready to go

10. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You need to enter Apple iPhone 5s for some reason. iPhone 5s isn't in their list by itself.

11. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

I had a really arrogant T-Mobile manager argue with me that my unlocked AT&T iPhone 5S would not pick up LTE because it wasn't "their" version of the iPhone. When the phone finally popped up with LTE, I shoved it right in his face. He was like its temporary, and you won't get it anywhere else. I laughed and walked out. The point is... T-Mobile reps don't know jack S***.

AT&T and T-Mobile have the EXACT iphone 5S model. Only difference between the two they are both locked to their respective carrier. That's it!