AT&T iPhone 6+ on T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nasty eggrolls, Oct 2, 2014.

1. nasty eggrolls macrumors newbie

I purchased a AT&T iPhone 6+ through the Apple Store, and was wondering if it's possible to move to T-Mobile and use the same device using their service?

I just signed a new 2-year contract with AT&T (subsidized) but want to move over to T-Mobile as they will pay ETF and I will get unlimited data with no more throttling after 5GB.

If the phone will work on T-Mobile, is there anything I have to do other than pay the ETF to move over?

Thanks for the help -- I searched these forums to see if someone had already asked this but couldn't find anything.

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Should've bought a Verizon one instead as it's factory unlocked [ on contract or not ] ... I think the AT&T one is locked to their network. It's gonna be a bitch to have AT&T unlock the new iPhone.

If you're still within the ' worry free return guarantee ', I recommend getting a Verizon iP6/6+

3. nasty eggrolls thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's what I am reading -- sounds like Verizon was the way to go.

At this point, is it possible to have AT&T unlock the phone? Or am I screwed?

4. DMP87 macrumors member

Wouldve been easier if you bought the phone outright. Technically they dont have to unlock it until Tmobile buys out your contract. So after you pay your ETF, and your service is canceled on ATT, you can put in an unlock request and use it on TMobile

I moved to tmobile from att but i bought my phone out right (locked to att) so it only took att a day to unlock it after my initial request.

5. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i paid off att to move to t mobile and they unlocked my 5s until my iPhone 6 plus comes in no hassle at all.