AT&T : iPhone 6 Plus Delivery Delays

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2000328ci, Sep 14, 2014.

1. 2000328ci macrumors member

I've been reading over the iPhone 6/6+ AT&T thread and I have to say that I'm convinced there will be a large discrepancy between the 6 shipments and the 6+. It appears that the "6+ being available at launch" was likely Apple pushing the production envelope and knowing in advance that the device would be available in far smaller numbers... in turn, many will wait some time for them to become available.

To date, my situation has been

This is for a space grey iphone 6 plus in 128 gig

Preordered at 3:40 EST. Initially got an email saying 21-28 days.

Was charged on my credit card

Then received the status update saying November 11/9-11/27... Was annoyed

Just got updated this morning now it says 10/2-10-13

Not too bad.. I was hoping for launch but two weeks later isn't too bad

So I figured I would start this thread so that AT&T customers who ordered the 6+ could post their updates which are truly unaffected by those with the regular 6.

Who else is in a similar boat? Any AT&T customers with iPhone 6+ preorders with an arrival date earlier than the 10/2 I was quoted?

I believe that those with Backordered listed right now as their date are likely to get their 6+ on launch day... that is assuming there are any available at all.

2. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I got push back 2 times.
    First time, it was at the beginning of october
    Second time, it was 10/31-11/11
    Third time, "BACKORDERED!"

I ordered iP 6+ 16GB space grey on 9/12 3:15am EST time.

3. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

I ordered at 2:45 am before the 3:01 am launch. I also pre ordered a 6 64gb pick up at store at apple store ready for the 19. I pre ordered a 6+ from att and 6 from apple. I did this because I still haven't decided on size. When I go to apple Friday morning to pick up the 6 I'm sure I'll be able to finally play with both and make my final decision. Should the 6 be the one I pick I will just call att and cancel that order. The 6+ on back order now. Don't expect to get this phone any times soon. I always wanted a 4.7" screen. I figured that's the mid sweet spot. But after the keynote and seeing the 6+ had more features it swayed me to that. But in the end it seems I'll stay with the 6. [​IMG]