AT&T iPhone Family Plan 700 Minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chisoxbull, Feb 13, 2011.

1. chisoxbull macrumors member

Does anyone else login to their account and see the Family Plan 700 Minutes have the + next to it saying that it includes A-List? I see this but when I choose the plan no A-list is offered and its not listed yet under the A-list eligible plans. I hear others are seeing it listed under 450 minute individual plan as well.

2. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

There's your answer. You need to move up to the next level to get it. I think that's 1400 minutes.

4. chisoxbull thread starter macrumors member

Right, there was not in the past, however, when you login to change rate plans, it now shows a + next to the 700 minute plan indicating the A List. Log into your At&t account and take a look.

5. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

This is a ploy by at&t to get you into a higher rate plan and get the a list. The crappy part about this is that with the a list you'll probably use less minutes than you would have without it on the 700 minute plan. It is something you can select even if you don't have the right plan but you can't activate it unless you have a qualifying plan. I was in your same position. I recently gave up the 1400 minute and the a list for the 700 minute plan. You're kind of d*mned if you do and d*amned if you don't. I'm actually calling at&t tomorrow to ask about this new unlimited messaging deal. What I read was that all unlimited messaging plans will give you unlimited mobile to mobile calling. No matter what carrier. If that's the case I'll probably go down to the 450 minute plan. It would be sweet. I also managed to get the facebook discount. search for the thread or look for my recent posts and you'll find the instructions for that if you want it. Good luck.

6. nosser macrumors regular

Yup new unlimited messaging plans include unlimited calling to any mobile phone on any network. so 700 should be good unless you call alot of landlines.

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

From what I can tell with my own family plan if you don't have the family messaging no single line can have the unlimited mobile calls. I can't add it for myself.

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

It only applies to family plans that have at least the 700 plan.

9. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I unfortunately just took the plunge into the 1400 family plan. It will add $20 a month, but the family has been using more and more minutes lately and .45/minute overages would have caught up with us sooner or later. At least this way we will never have to worry about conserving minutes since the majority of our minutes are used on less than 10 phone numbers (covered by A-list).

10. mpossoff macrumors 68020

If you 1400 minute plan you can have the ability to get unltd inbound and outbound calling to any number.

Get a google voice #. Get the google voice app. Put your google voice # into your a list. Set google voice to not to display caller number. Set your google voice app to ring to your cell #.

The only disadvantage to this is when someone calls you there is no caller id. But when you answer the call back it tells you who's calling. I've gotten used to it.

11. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F5166b Safari/6533.18.5)

And I do. But that doesn't explain why my individual messaging plan doesn't apply to myself.

12. chisoxbull thread starter macrumors member

Right now I am on 1400 minute plan but with Alist and Mobile to Mobile we use less then 500 minutes a month. If the 700 Minute plan offered A list I would move down to that plan and save $240/year. I use a Google Voice # for alot of calls and without the Alist I dont think the 700 minute plan is enough.

13. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

that was basically my point. AT&T does so that you have to choose and make it difficult. You can spend more and be safe or spend less and hope you don't go over your minutes and make up the difference. Honestly I don't blame them for doing this. It's a wonderful policy that makes them tons of money.

14. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Does your family plan use the $29.99/$30 unlimited family text/pix plan?

If so - login to AT&T's wireless site. Select "Manage Features" under the Quicklinks listing. In the "Shared Features" section at the top of the list is "Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile and Texts" - at $30, same price or a penny more than the unlimited texts family plan.

From the details we have seen, though, this appears to only apply to true mobile numbers.

15. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Thanks Rajani! I didn't know I could just make the switch on my own. I just did that and it worked great.

16. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I have been checking everyday and it still hasn't shown up for me. Does anyone that got the feature to show up have a FAN attached to their account?

17. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I have a facebook fan # and just set it up this morning. I haven't been checking for it though so I can't comment on when it became available for me.

18. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

I do recall hearing that there were some minimum plan requirements (such as the 700min or more family plans, etc) - ours has a discount from the account holder's workplace.

19. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Yeah I am on the 700 minute family plan and I already have the 30 dollar unlimited family text feature. Sometimes the business customer service is helpful. They were not when I called on Thursday. I should call back and try again.

20. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I have a corporate FAN attached to my personal account and it appeared on the first day I heard about it on MacRumors. If you have a family plan, it might possibly be a bit wonky if you only have individual messaging on a single phone. Could always call 611 though and have it put through. I've had nothing but 30-second wait times and domestic reps via the Enterprise support with my FAN# :)

21. asouclks macrumors member

You have a an old "plan code". I had this problem as well. You must have got this plan a couple of years ago or more.

I also saw the + next to the 700 plan. I also didn't see the new Mobile to Any Mobile feature.

I had to call up Customer service and have them move me to the current plan code. Make sure they don't effect anything on your account (rollover, etc).

Once they did this, the + was only next to the 1400 plan for A-List and I saw the new Mobile to Any Mobile feature.

Hope this helps.