AT&T iPhone Family Plan Cost??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolfpackfan, May 6, 2008.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

In anticipation of moving my four line family plan from Sprint to AT&T, I'm trying to figure out how much it is going to cost me each month. I already have an iPhone but discontinued the AT&T service a while back because I was tired of paying for two services and just figured I would reactivate it once I was able to cancel my Sprint account and move all my lines over. Right now with Sprint my base cost for two phones is $70/month. That doesn't include data charges or other charges associated with my extra two phones. Total my bill is running around $170/month. That includes three phones with the basic $15/month data Sprint Power Vision charge plus one phone with no data capability.

I am trying to figure what a comparable charge is going to be with AT&T with having one iPhone and the other three phones just regular phones (but two of them would need data access). Is there anyone out there that has a similar setup that would be willing to share with me what your average monthly bill is?

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

It will probably be abou tthe same, if not a tad more..

Right now we are paying 140.00 for the main line. That covers 3000 anytime minutes, roll over minutes, family talk, unlimited nights and weekends. That is the MAIN line.> THEN we pay $9.99 for each additional line which includes the same.. Then you can pay an addition $20 per month per line which gives you unlimited data and 200 texts, $30/month per line us ulmtd. data 500 texts and then $40/month per line for unlimited everything..

but you can adjust each line to what you need.. but the good thing is that the data is unlimited on any price level.. for non-iphone lines it MIGHT be differnt..

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

So i thought you were going to get rid of your iPhone.

Anyways, its going to cost you around $160 a month for 4 phones. We just have 2 iPhones, but we used to just have 1 iPhone and a regular phone that had data. It was about $100 then. But now its $135. I have unlimited text though.

4. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

5. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

oh yea.. our total bill for 5 people, one iphone with the $20.00 unltd. data and 200 texts, one phone with $20 ultd. text, one main phone with the 3000 minutes, and one regular phone, no extras is now $239.57

we are going to ADDING 2 more iphones to it which will up it $60.00.

it seems like a lot, but this is actually a business account. its weird, if you want to have an iphone, or more than one iphone you NEED to have a PERSONAL account, so they actually switched our business account to a person because of the iphones.. stupid huh? because MOST people want an iphone to do business on.

6. viggen61 macrumors 6502

How about Apple's iPhone site? Family Rate Plans for iPhone.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've got the Family Plan w/(4)phones, (3)iPhones, (1)Blackberry Pearl, Unlimited Family Text (use 5000+ per month:eek:), 1400 Minutes, Early M-F 7pm start Unlimited Minutes v. 9pm, Road Service, Unlimited Data Plans, Rollover Minutes Total = 6000+, and our wireless bill is about $256 or $64 per phone. I can handle that! :D:cool:

8. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the replies. It is looking like my AT&T total monthly bill is going to be similar to what I'm paying now. The base family plan with one iPhone is more than my base Sprint plan but that includes the data plan for the iphone, so if I factor in the data plan for my Moto Q under Sprint they are about the same. The additional phone and data plans are the same.

9. gmayfly macrumors newbie

I have heard that the old carrier only has to switch the primary number when you are moving a family plan to a new carrier, and that the other numbers on the family plan may be held by the legacy carrier. Does anyone know if this is true when moving from Sprint to AT&T as we hope to do with our family plan?

10. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Yes, if you are the main contract holder for your family, but you want to switch to ATT from sprint, all you have to do is name someone else in your family the main contract holder and put yourself as a lower/family member. THEN you can cancel your line and port it over to ATT> My husband did this from Verizon to ATT. He held the contract for 5 years under his name and his mom and dad had phones under his contract, he just switched over to ATT two weeks ago and just had his dad take over the contract and he ported his number, they didnt even charge him an early cancelation fee because of it. Not quite sure why though..

they only thing is that the person who is taking over the new line will have to have their credit checked and get approved. So if its your little sister or whoever, it might cost her money in a deposit of sorts.

11. gmayfly macrumors newbie

Thank you for the information lindsayanng. Actually, I plan to cancel the Sprint Family Plan (our contract expires in June) and move the family over to AT&T's Family Plan so we are all on the same plan (I have had the AT&T iPhone plan since last August).

Does any one know if Sprint will try holding on to the phone numbers associated with the old family plan? My kids don't want to have to change their phone numbers.

12. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I dont think that sprint is allowed to keep your phone numbers out of "spite"

basically, i think that as long as your new carrier allows your to port over numbers, which ATT does, i do not think Sprint can say anything about it. You can call AA CS and ask them about porting a sprint number