Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steef13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2012
The Netherlands
Hii guys,

2 weeks ago i heard about ATT unlocking iPhones. So i called them, and they made a case for me. Yesterday i received an email from them, saying that they are not gonna unlock my iPhone. Because i need an account. Since I'm living in The Netherlands, that is not possible for me.. :(

I was wondering if any of you would be so kind to help me out here. My iPhone has been locked for months, what feels like years! Please help me out here! Can anyone unlock my iPhone with their ATT account?

Kind regards,
Stephanie

This is the email i got from ATT:
Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.

We are unable to complete your request at this time due to the following reason:
- No valid current or former mobile/account number associated with request.

Please click the following link for AT&T's General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking iPhone.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
You should call back. You don't need an account with them, but your phone has to qualify (account was in good standing when closed, can't be on a contract, ETF paid if applicable). All you need to do is give them the IMEI number and some contact information.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
You should call back. You don't need an account with them, but your phone has to qualify (account was in good standing when closed, can't be on a contract, ETF paid if applicable). All you need to do is give them the IMEI number and some contact information.

@miles you're wrong. at&t has a new policy. they wont unlock just anyone's iphone now.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
That is true, they just came out with this new policy update.
But maybe if you find the right rep they might still unlock it for you.
Worth a shot.

Finding the right rep won't matter. Once it reaches the case department and you don't have the information they need, it will be denied.

PavlouEx

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
Nicosia,Cyprus,Europe
Actually there is a way to unlock your iPhone...

Hi guys, I unlocked my iPhone accidentally ??!! on 5/5/12. I featured this unlock method on my blog and many people said it worked for them as well...!!Let me know if it works for u ...!!

For this Tutorial you will need:

1. Jailbroken iPhone
2.ANY AT&T sim card
3.email from AT&T "No valid former..."
4.SAM

1. Step one: Install SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) package from Cydia source: repo.bingner.com

2. Enter SAM icon on your springboard. You will need to have an AT&T sim card (activated or deactivated) - you can buy one from ebay

3.Insert your AT&T sim card. Open SAM, go to utilities and select "De-Activate iPhone", your ActivationState under "More Information" should now be "Unactivated"

4. With SAM enabled, choose "By Country and Carrier" in "Method"; find your carrier (in our case AT&T) , for some carriers operating more than one Carrier ID you may need to select "SIM ID" (Select the one your AT&T sim card is);

5. Go to More Information", copy the IMSI in "SAM Details", then tap "Spoof Real SIM to SAM".

6. Go back to the main SAM screen and change your "Method" to manual. Paste or enter the IMSI string you copied in Step 5. 

7. Connect your iPhone to your computer and that's it you should see a message "Your device has been successfully unlocked"

8.If Nothing happens please disconnect ant reconnect your iPhone to iTunes

You can now use your iPhone with ANY carrier!!!

****Email says "No valid current or Former mobile number"

So if you have an AT&T sim card that means you have a former mobile number...
So it just works!!

PavlouEx

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
Nicosia,Cyprus,Europe
April 27th Apple blocked the SAM unlock method.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=21614

Yes i know BUT it works..!! i do not lie.!!
You do the above tutorial with an at&t card not with the ONE card you wanted to use (with SAM) .
You don't take a ticket!
AT&T says "we can't unlock your device because you haven't got an account with us"
You use SAM w/ at&t card (you have no service) and it also changes the ICCD number and now iTunes thinks your card is an AT&T card!!! And your device is unlocked! Because now you have an "at&t account".... i didn't read this somewhere i found it by myself... so i wasn't sure if it worked but i posted it on my blog and i had several positive replies.

PavlouEx

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
Nicosia,Cyprus,Europe
Every single iPhone hacker says its blocked and it doesn't work for anyone.
But it magically still works and Sam still unlocks iphones just for you.
Malakies....

You use SAM but not the same way as before.
it worked for me.
that's a fact.
from there on i posted it here just in case someone else finds it useful.
-the end-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.