Carrier AT&T iPhone + iPad Bundle Deal Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tellemfred, Sep 18, 2016.

1. tellemfred, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016

tellemfred macrumors member

I will try to make this as easy to understand as possible since my brain is fried trying to figure it out sine I haven't been on a 2-year contract in forever.

I currently have a family plan with 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. 1 phone and iPad are on Next currently. The other phone and iPad are paid and haven't been upgraded (a 6 and an Air 1).

I am interested in AT&T's current promotion, which is to get any iPhone on Next and get an iPad Mini 2 32GB for $99 on a 2-year agreement (this would be my daughter's, she doesn't need anything better so don't try to sell me on what iPad I should get instead).

My question is this - when I go through the motions to order and select 2-year agreement for iPad to get the discount, it says that:
    • By upgrading to a 2-year wireless contract, you will not be eligible to receive the Mobile Share Value monthly discount of $15 on plans lower than 10GB, or $25 on 10GB or higher plans.
    I have a 10GB Mobile Share Value plan for all these lines. So is the deal not as good as it might seem at first glance? In order to save $200 on the price of the iPad will I be paying an extra $25 a month for 2 years ($600) since one of my devices is now on contract?

In a perfect world I love if they allowed down payments on iPads like they do for iPhones so I could sell my current iPad and use that money to lower monthly Next payments for her new iPad, but they don't seem to allow that.

With a little research it looks like my best bet might be to wait for a great sale, buy a Mini outright from somewhere else, and replace it on my plan.

2. karpeltunnel10 macrumors newbie

What that's saying is if you upgrade a phone on a 2-year contract (although unavailable now), they still have those on the website for some reason. I assure you that your line fees for anything will not go up. If you aren't 100% sure, go into a store and they can get it done for you.