AT&T iPhone Stock Predictions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anthonyb, Jul 10, 2008.

1. anthonyb macrumors member

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I'm hearing numbers closer to 100. 20 might be the case if you live in the middle of nowhere...

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

My store didn't tell me, but considering I live 5 minutes from Apple HQ(in Cupertino, CA), I'd assume there would be a good amount in my area.:D

4. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Nvm. I'm not sure that all of the store managers know themselves. We'll see tomorrow!!!

5. anthonyb thread starter macrumors member

Actually I have a reliable source that says 20 or less at the majority of stores.

Im from Pittsburgh PA

6. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

20 or less is not gonna cut it...We saw the video of that ATT store getting like 40 to 50 Iphones..

I am thinking most ATT stores got at least 40 Iphone today...and will get about 40 more tommorrow...

7. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Sorry, I glanced over that and I got the two cities confused. My aunt lives in Philidelphia. :)

8. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

so that means about
    20 8 Gbs
    10 16 Gb Whites, and
    10 16Gb Blacks

9. anthonyb thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I really hope it isnt true.. Especially since there are 3 different models.. Im going to say that the more popular areas should get around 100 phones.

50 8gb

30 black 16
    20 white 16

10. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

No f***ing way. There's no more than 20 stores in this whole state. I doubt Apple/AT&T plan to sell a mere 400-2000 iPhones in the whole state of Hawaii on launch day.

11. g8trb8 macrumors newbie

Any chance this plentiful supply has been overstated? It's in ATT's best interest for people to believe there will be plenty rather than a shortage...

12. mntentman macrumors regular

It's in their best interests for people to think there could be a shortage -- gotte get there and get me mine, right away, early, now. Perceived shortage of supply always increases demand.

13. BackDraft5 macrumors newbie

How could that be? Apple said that they plan to process 100 people an hour. AT&T said they plan to do someting of a similr effect. What economical value would they obtain by employing more people all day when they only would have 20 iphones. If that were the case, I am sure they would staff the normal amount of people and would not have "bouncers" to guide people where they need to be.

14. UWSpindoctor macrumors regular

The AT&T store I scouted said they'd have "enough"

15. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Just like at the iPhone 1.0 launch where AT&T stores once they ran out said they'd sell you one and ship it to you in the mail via, what did they call it, "delayed fulfillment" or some crazy term like that. That's what my nearest AT&T store said on Day 1 last year at about 8 PM when I called (when I got off work). The Apple store in town, however, said they had plenty... walked in at 8:25 PM and walked out at 8:35, phone in hand.

I'll be going to the Apple store, thank you.

16. rjgonzales macrumors regular

A very close friend of mine manages 3 AT&T stores in Houston. He claims to have between 40 and 50 per store.