AT&T iPhone Survey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oogje, Aug 27, 2007.

1. oogje macrumors regular

oogje

I received mail yesterday inviting me to take a survey:

They survey begins:
    I suppose the number of questions varies depending on the answers. In my case there were about 60 questions. The most difficult for me to answer was the one asking to rank non-existent features:

2. robvia macrumors member

I'll bite. Tuff survey, because some of the options are not used by all people. For example, we know that Corporate e-mail is important, but I don't have a need for it. But if I was going to list what I would want right now, it would be

1. GPS (with turn by turn direction software)
    2. User Replaceable Battery
    3. Wi-Fi Only Mode (not in choices)
    4. 3G Network
    5. Downloadable Ringtones

3. Hopstretch macrumors regular

Hopstretch

Got this too. I thought it was interesting that they spent so little time on customer perceptions of their network and so much on the device itself.

Also interesting that they wanted to know whether you'd spring for a new iPhone within 12 months if version 2.0 included your top 5 most-wanted features. Hmm.

4. oogje thread starter macrumors regular

oogje

They wanted to know if you'd buy a new iPhone if it included your Number 1 ranked new feature.

You're right. it is curious they're so interested in the device. It seems hard to believe AT&T would have any influence over design features such as a User-Replaceable battery. And what would be their strategy if responders overwhelmingly said they want "Ability to use the iPhone with other service providers (not just AT&T)"? It seems more like a survey Apple might field.

Maybe the purpose of the survey is to settle a bet between Jobs and Stephenson.

5. oogje thread starter macrumors regular

oogje

How would you answer this one?
    I don't know what they mean by "Search".

6. Hopstretch macrumors regular

Hopstretch

Yeah, that had me scratching my head, too. I guess "Use it the same" covers "If it exists, I've never managed to find it."

7. anubis macrumors 6502a

By "Search", they are talking about opening the web browser and typing something into the google search box.

8. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

Glad I got to do that survey. Here are some of the things I asked for...now where's my firmware update?!?!?!

• Better corporate integration (e.g., push email with Microsoft Exchange, over-the-air syncing of the corporate calendar and contacts; remote wiping of a stolen/lost device). Integration via Exchange ActiveSync (or RIM BES).
    • Publicly available development tools (SDK)
    • Flash and Java support in the browser
    • Spotlight/search support
    • The ability to find a contact by typing the first few letters of a name
    • iChat (text at a minimum; audio would be a bonus when connected via WiFi)
    • A real To Do list (one that syncs with my corporate list would be nicer)
    • A notepad app that syncs with my corporate (Exchange) notes list
    • Stero music over Bluetooth
    • Ability to capture video with the built in camera
    • Custom ringtones

My #1 request for was for better corporate integration. I can't recall the sequence of the other items, but included iChat, landscape email support, searchable contacts and the ability to edit documents. I figure if I keep them all software-based, maybe there's hope for a firmware update.

:cool:

--DotComCTO

9. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

here is my order:

Picture Messaging (MMS)
    Ability to edit documents
    iChat (Instant Messaging)
    GPS - Global positioning system
    Landscape mode for Email