AT&T iPhone Trade in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lazerbye, Sep 12, 2014.

1. lazerbye macrumors newbie

I just did a calculation of my iPhone 5 32g model and they will only give me $150 for trade in.

Is this a decent amount or I'm sure I can find better.

2. willdude macrumors member

I suspect this is just their normal trade-in price for that phone, not the deal they're specifically offering for an iPhone 6 purchase with contract commitment. I'm in the same boat, wondering how much my 5 will be worth.

According to the Verizon trade-in FAQ you have to purchase a 6, *then* do the old iPhone trade-in to get the deal, so I suspect AT&T is similar, but I can't find any info. Does anyone know how to do this trade-in deal with AT&T?

Regardless, since Verizon only gives $200 for an iPhone 5, I suspect AT&T will be the same. And since you can get $300+ for an unlocked 32GB on eBay, the trade-in deal doesn't really seem worth it.

3. robot prom macrumors newbie

4. Thrifty1 macrumors regular

I want to take advantage of the $200 trade-in for my iPhone 4 but AT&T definitely not making it easy to find how to do this. The trade in value online still shows $50 for my iPhone 4.

I have been on hold for a while now trying to get an answer on how to order and get the $200 trade-in. I'm not willing to order it first and then figure out the trade-in... no confidence in AT&T. They would probably tell me it had to be done at the time of ordering.

If anyone has used the expanded trade-in program, please post how you did it. Thanks.

5. Thrifty1 macrumors regular

AT&T is so messed up... just spoke to a rep on the phone who said there is no special minimum promotion. Said she had several people call about that this morning. I told her the ATT reps on their Twitter page are telling everyone about the special promotion. She put me on hold... found out that they do have the special promotion but it has to be done in-store only. Looks like I will head over to one of the stores when the open in 2 hours.*

6. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/iphone-trade-in.html#fbid=1lGZirMkzn5

Still never received my email.

7. willdude macrumors member

Hm, does this work only if ordered through AT&T's web site, or can you order through Apple and still get the promo? I'm guessing not.

----------

Also, the fact that it's only good for purchases at AT&T is kind of a blower. I'd want to buy the phone itself on my own card for my credit card benefits, which means the trade in card would only really be good for paying your bill. And as far as I know, there's no way to pay a single bill using multiple cards. So unless $200/$300 is a perfect multiple of your monthly bill, you'll have some unusable balance left on the card after paying a few bills.

8. Thrifty1 macrumors regular

Awesome -- Thanks for the link!!!