at&t / iPhone users can now make international calls...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacQuest, Aug 13, 2007.

1. MacQuest macrumors 6502a

I just got a text alert from at&t saying:

"Your phone can now make international calls from the US & when UR traveling overseas. Stnd intl rates apply. Visit att.com/wirelessinternational"

Just an FYI, FWIW.

2. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I didn't know there was a restriction, I have had international roaming turned on for years on my att account and it works well in Europe, so what is this all about?

3. robvia macrumors member

Right, we made a phone call from the UK to the states and it worked. Rate is $1.29 a minute, 99 cents if you have a plan. Carrier used over there said O2-UK.

4. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Maybe the text message is a promotion, they saw you did not have international roaming turned on and they are pitching you. I have not received a message.

5. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

AT&T told me that you have to wait 30 days to turn on this feature. It's a fraud thing they said.

6. robvia macrumors member

Oh yeah, I remember that now. I called AT&T before our trip and had to be transferred to another department that turned on international calling. They said that for people who have the phone less than 30 days, they have to do some special things to turn it on.

We only made the one call, I turned off my e-mail account, and didn't use the web because of the $3000 phone bill scare from someone else on this forum. I used 1kb of data, which should only be 2 cents. Text messages are 50 cents to send while roaming in the UK.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What, did they replace their Indians in CSR with lolcats now?

8. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

I'm guessing that was to fit the message within one standard text message (160 characters).

-Leemo