At&t is down in my area....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Elaralas, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Elaralas macrumors newbie

I dont know extaly when it happen but I am guessing between 9:00-10:30, Madison County area in Indiana(possibly bigger) is down right now. At first, I thought it was just my iphone, but turns out my friends who have At&t, thier Sony Ericsson and Motoral phones are not working either. Is there anybody else expierencing this.

2. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

wow, what are the odds?? Im having the exact same problem. Was thinking I might have to restore my phone, then I found this thread. Im in Anderson. I was doing google searches for "iphone cant make calls" because it shows I have good signal, but the ATT logo is not showing up. I cant call out and all incoming goes to VM.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

i am having the same problem but i am in indiana too i dont know if this problem is there in other states as well

4. Elaralas thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in Anderson too..

I also live in Anderson

5. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Well at least we are all in this together, its not something wrong with our phones. :)

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

7. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

when it went down my friends blained the iPhone for this too I am getting so irritated with this

8. calvy macrumors 65816

I know it doesn't help, but believe me, AT&T is aware and working as quick as they can get to the signal back up so you can rack up your phone bill.

9. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

10. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Five by five.

11. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Sounds like they got it fixed.

12. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

edge was down all last weekend in parts of massachusetts. Actually it was "in and out" very frequently. I missed a lot of important phone calls and text messages (as I posted here the other day), also missed out on going to the red sox/ yankees game. They credited my account for me. I was lucky though, I actually got a nice person for the first time in a while.

13. Angelus520 macrumors regular

Yeah, a friend got the iPhone on Thursday night and we waited to set it up Friday night just in time for AT&T's network to be down for maintenance until Monday morning. She was PISSED!!!

Set it up for her over lunch on Monday and things worked fine. Tuesday night I called her a few times and it went straight to voicemail so I knew that was a bad sign. Stopped by her place later after rehearsal and her iPhone had been down all night. She was PISSED!!!

I was able to reset it and get it working again but she was still pissed that it had been down while my phone (a Nokia E61 on AT&T) had been working fine all night.

She called me right before she left work last night around 6:00 and it was down again. She was PISSED!!!

Outcome of the story? She's taking it back to Apple on Saturday and going back to her old BlackBerry 7100 since she never had problems with that.

I feel bad because I kinda talked her into getting it after the price drop and she's had such a horrible experience with it. And she's not happy with me about it, either. I've had great luck with Apple stuff over the years and this is the first time they've let me down. She works with an IT guy who DESPISES Apple so he's going to have a field day over this.

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

which game was it? If it was friday's game be glad you didn't go ;)

15. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

It was sunday's game, good game, sad the sox lost, but what can you do.

16. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Down in brooklyn. It's unbelievable how bad ATT is, lets just say this isn't the first time this has happened since i got the iphone. i hope they can give me bonus minutes that i wont be able to use.