AT&T is expanding 3g coverage!! :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bengtc, Sep 23, 2009.

1. bengtc macrumors regular

I live in central MN, yesterday I had no 3g service(45 miles north of nearest 3g coverage, now today I have 3g service!! Just thought I would like to share with all the doom and gloom threads about AT&T.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Oh yeah, well, as of yesterday my 3G coverage disappeared between 5pm & midnight, and remains to go in and out of service today....:mad:

3. randy55 macrumors newbie

We don't even get 3G in central Illinois where I live, but I still have to pay for the 3G rate plan which is an additional 10 dollars over the initial iPhone rate plan before 3G. You gotta love AT&T.

4. jingles8302 macrumors member

Haha i live in central Wisconsin and i was told that we are not even going to get 3G we will get the next gen 4G sometime next year (Which i highly doubt).

5. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i have given up on getting 3g at my house, luckily im not here all that much

6. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I live in Minnesota too, and imo, AT&T has the largest 3G footprint out of any provider. Extends to the boonies! I've had 3G pretty much everywhere, even Forest Lake.

7. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Best 3g? No. I live in a city and we have edge only. (Wilmington,NC) Yet they are improving charlottes 3g when we don't even have it yet. Oh well. It doesn'y affect me right now as I have Verizon until my contract ends. (4more months! still too long), then I will have my iphone. My sister has a 3g and it is so slow on AT&T's network.

8. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

3G is quick for me here in Minnesota. And is practically everywhere.

9. SeanMcC macrumors regular

I also live in MN and I get 3G service at home (the cities), but not in Southern MN where I go to school. It'd be awesome if it would expand down there. I think Rochester has 3G, but that's 45 mins away.

10. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

11. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

wow, it's even out to st charles/dover though. no winona though.

12. bengtc thread starter macrumors regular

I am up in Rush City which is about 30 min north of forest lake on 35, now getting 3g coverage.

13. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

Last semester at school I only had EDGE, this year though 5 bars of 3G.

Mostly pointless for me personally since I use the schools WiFi but I'm sure there are a few souls around there that are happy to have 3G.

14. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

AT&T put out a news brief that one of the cities close to me would have it by the end of last year...still waiting.

15. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

For the love of god there is no such thing as a "3G rate plan". :rolleyes:
    You have a "Data plan". AT&T doesn't differentiate EDGE from 3G. It's all data.

AT&T has a unique data and text package that only applies to the 1st gen iPhone. The package does not apply to a subsidized 3G iPhone.
    If you had a first gen iPhone, you would still be paying $20 per month.

16. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

With other networks preparing for 4g, it’s good to see AT&T is almost getting 3g done correctly. :eek:

17. Todd H macrumors regular

Todd H

My small Georgia town is still chugging along with Edge. I don't expect 3G to get here any time in the next few years.