AT&T is killing me!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by androidpopjr, Jun 22, 2010.

1. androidpopjr macrumors newbie

So AT&T screwed up my upgrade eligibility, saying I'm not eligible till early 2011 yadda, yadda, yadda! So I go up to the local retail store tell them what is going on and they see that there is a problem but they can't fix it over the computer but they can override it when I buy my phone there Thursday. So today comes and AT&T drops the no walk-in bs. Now if I go anywhere else on Thursday it won't be 199 it will be 399 and that isn't good for me. So now I call customer service to have them set it in the computers so I can go camping at the apple store and not have to wait till the 29th. She see's the mistake and gets three people working on it trying to find a loop hole so it doesn't have to be approved by some jerk behind a curtain. Well they try everything they can but the only way to get it done is by sending it to some clown for approval. She tells me that it should be approved by the end of the business day tomorrow (Wednesday! Day before launch). I sigh and say okay. It's cutting it close but it should be fine. After giving me the case number she now tells me that approval could be anywhere from tomorrow till Friday. Now I'm worried! Should I call back in the AM and tell them I shouldn't suffer for their mistakes? This is bogus, what would you guys do?

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

3. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I canceled my AT&T order and waited 72 hours for the eligibility to come back, and it didn't. So I called back on Monday to tell them, they said wait another 72 hours (meaning it would cut pretty close), but it went through after just a few hours.

So, keep checking because for me at least it went through a lot quicker than 72 hours. If nothing happens, call back.

4. androidpopjr thread starter macrumors newbie

So I just checked online for the twentieth time since calling today and sure enough it only took 11 hours. I have to say I'm impressed with AT&T employees in the past few days. They have been very kind and on top of it. I couldn't be mad with the retail employees because they didn't come up with the no walk in rule today. All he could do is tell me to come in Tuesday and he would make sure I got my discount. I hate calling customer service but not this time around. Within five minutes on the phone she had three people working on a solution.