AT&T is really pushing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trundle, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Trundle macrumors member

AT&T is really pushing you to come to their stores to purchase the iPhone 3g, get activated and buy accessories.

I'll go to my local Apple Store where the folks are so much more friendly and knowledgeable!

Get your phone at an Apple Store!!!!

2. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

I just wanna be in and out, I dont which one that is. But Apple's cases are better and theres so much more variety. I wonder if you'll get the fancy bag too?

3. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Closest Apple store: 4 1/2 hours
    Closest ATT&T: 3 minutes

That's right....not everyone has an Apple store nearby. :rolleyes:

4. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

If I was going to get one I would go to an apple store. And there will be a huge line at the apple stores. Which I like, its fun to talk to other apple fans in line.

5. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Thats cause for a road trip.

6. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Hardly.

I'm not driving 4 1/2 hours each way, plus waiting in line, etc., just for a phone. I have 3 kids and the youngest is still under 2. Nightmare city. And the wasted gas? Please. The AT&T store down the street is fine with me.

7. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Point taken. Im thinking activation will be way easier at ATT store anyway.

8. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

I'm getting a new AT&T plan, 3G Jesusphone for myself and a RAZR for the non-believing wife. :D Thus I will go to an AT&T store to make the process a lot simpler.

9. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

eww a RAZR she might divorce you after that... ATT has alot nice phones.haha.. :D

JK

10. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

I hate AT&T stores, but I might have to go to one instead of an Apple Store just to get my family plan sorted out. I suppose I could go to the 5th Ave. store and call customer support later on.

11. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

If they are giving out a snazzy bag buying in an Apple Store would almost be worth it I like the iPhone 1Gen had. I wonder if the Apple Store in my local BestBuy would count...

12. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

The island I live on has 1 AT&T store and 0 Apple Stores. It will cost me more than the cost of the phone to fly to Oahu to buy one. I just hope they get more than 8 this time. If not, I will place an order at the store.

13. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I only have a MacDaddy store, but no official Apple Stores. So I'm guessing they won't be selling the iPhone.

14. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

ATT reps get commission dont they? that may explain why they want you to come in.

15. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I don't find AT&T or Apple too pushy, actually. Apple employees leave you alone if you don't have any questions (at least where I'm at). And AT&T are only "overexcited" when you look like you have a question or something. Other than that, they seem to leave you alone.

Now BestBuy is a different story...:p

16. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Nobody ever bothers me at Best Buy. They leave me alone if I want, but are available if I need something.

17. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I can't find anyone to help me at Best Buy, they are worse than Home Depot.

18. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

OMG.. you will have to move! How and you stand it! <G>

19. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

But I want my rewards zone points!

20. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

id rather go to an at&t store because activation and everything will be faster.

and all the fanboys will be going to the apple store anyway. so im gonna stay away from that.

21. shecky Guest

shecky

i just went to att and got credit approval for the iphone. so it looks like i will be heading there instead of my local apple store (providence place mall) on the 11th. my guess i will walk right in at around 8:30 and get a phone no problem. i will see what the reports of lines look like the night before and figure it out then.

as an aside, the store manager there also told me if i do go in and they are out of phones, they can order one for me at the store.

22. ryanxslabaugh macrumors member

I think an AT&T store would be better if your getting different plans and an Apple store for one of the simple plans.

23. dswinograd macrumors newbie

dswinograd

i have to port my # from verizon and i think the att store might be able to do that easier then apple...unfortunatly

24. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

That's why I still go :/.

For my BestBuy, they're always asking if I need help...in two minute intervals (a lot from the same people too...)...and whenever I'm at the camera/camcorder section they're always staring waiting for me to probably buy something.

I'm going to the Apple store cause our AT&T store will probably be sold out (like the first iPhone which sold out in AT&T stores in 45 minutes...I don't feel like going in that early).

And cause the 10 minute drive to the AT&T store yields an 8.5% tax while the 15 minute drive to the Apple store yields an 8%

25. Moose408 macrumors newbie

I have to port my # as well and I'm concerned it won't be as easy at the Apple store. However I have a $299 gift card for the Apple Store so that's where I'm headed. Now I just need to figure out which one will have the shortest line (there are 3 Apple Stores with 30 mins of my house).