Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeattleMike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I activated two iPhones over the weekend on a Family Talk plan. I put the plan in my wife's name.

Upon calling my wife with my iPhone she said that her name showed up on the incoming caller ID.

Does anyone know how I go about having AT&T change their records so my name appears on CID for calls from my phone and her name from hers?

Thanks.

sbrownla

macrumors regular
May 28, 2007
Arizona
I had the same issue...

I activated two iPhones over the weekend on a Family Talk plan. I put the plan in my wife's name.

Upon calling my wife with my iPhone she said that her name showed up on the incoming caller ID.

Does anyone know how I go about having AT&T change their records so my name appears on CID for calls from my phone and her name from hers?

Thanks.

I had the same issue a while back. Call ATT customer care, it's really easy for them to do. You'll just have to turn your phone off and on after they change it.

Thing is, you can either have the main plan owner's name on the caller ID, or the phone number. Just tell them you want to change it. I don't remember if it's free to do but I'm pretty sure it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.