AT&T Issues anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imac abuser, Sep 28, 2009.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hello,
    I just started having a lot of issues yesterday afternoon. I live in the Minneapolis area, and haven't had issues in the past.

1) It started where I was unable to make phone calls. It said I had full 5 bars, and was on my wifi at home. I am at 3.1 did the carrier updates, and should be fine. I restarted my phone several times, and it would go from 5 bars to NO SERVICE.

2) I was unable to send a simple non picture/video message over wifi, or 3g. I tried going into airplane mode, and out. Also tried resetting the wifi/network info in the phone.

I'm just having a really bad two days now. I count on my iPhone, and I'm working what the heck is going on. The only explination I could figure is my local tower was out, or they where working on repairing it. My wifes iPhone was acting the same.

I'm going to do some testing from work about 10 miles away hoping for something to base this on.

2. evillageprowler macrumors regular

Since Friday, I have had to reboot my iPhone several times. After a period of time, I discover that I am unable to make calls until after I reboot. Each time after I reboot, I am able to make calls fine.

It didn't occur to me to check if I can still receive calls at that time.

I believe each time I had wifi enabled (not sure). I don't know know if the problem started when I was actually still connected to my home wifi or not. And, I appear to be able to use other services fine (email, web).

My phone is a 3G 16GB model at 3.1.

EVP

3. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Yes it's very annoying I'm not even sure how to report it to AT&T with out wasting an hour on the phone with some idiot "troubleshooting" my problem.

Chris

4. evillageprowler macrumors regular

Sorry - forgot to mention that I'm not yet convinced that it's AT&T's problem. That my phone works fine using mail and web suggests that it is AT&T's fault. But, that I have to reboot my phone suggests that it is Apple's fault.

I would try explaining your issue to Apple first, because the anecdotal evidence is that it is less frustrating to talk to Apple than it is to talk to AT&T.

EVP

5. daflake macrumors 6502a

I was having so many problems with 3.1 that I rolled my phone back to 3.0 and many of my lockup problems have gone away.

6. Renfred93 macrumors member

im having the same problems...how do you downgrade 3.0?