AT&T just set-up my Unlimited Text Msg...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFStateStudent, Nov 15, 2007.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

AT&T Customer Service emailed me and apologized for the WRONG information that was passed on to me, and they asked me to call 611 on my iPhone or 800-331-0500 on a land line and they would assist me with my request to change my Text Msg Plan to Family Text Msg UNLIMITED for my iPhone & my other (3) phones for the cost of $29.99, and eliminate the $9.99 charge on each line and place my iPhone on the UNLIMITED Text Msg Plan as well. It took them about 15 minutes, and then to top it off, they credited my account $69.70 for my son's text msgs that were OVER the 400 msg limit!!!

iPhone HEAVEN!
    :cool:

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

3. test54 macrumors newbie

its great to read these stories after hearing all the bad ones.

4. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The CSR's...

name was Ernest Brown, and needless to say, he'll be receiving an A+++ from me on his "survey" in the next few days!!! :cool:

5. DogcowUK macrumors member

Wish they had this option in the UK, we get stiffed for $70 a month for 200 SMS and 200 minutes... the 24c for every additional SMS :eek:

6. RL600 macrumors member

Thats great!

Just because your bill says something doesn't mean AT&T isn't at fault.
    When i got my blackjack i signed up for the unlimited data, and specifically asked the lady if the IM chat client on the blackjack uses text messages or data. She told me data. So I was happy I could sit on AIM all day and chat. Well when my bill came and i had $700 in text messages charges I knew something was wrong! It took maybe 3 calls and a good 2-3 hours on the phone, and many transfers to different people, but I finally got them to credit my account due to their mistake telling me wrong information. :mad:

7. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You have to take advantage...

of the Family Unlimited Text, by requesting it. If you'll check your Family Plan Features within your account, you probably won't see the Feature available, but you will see $19.99 for Unlimited Text and $9.99 for 400 Text Msg & 1MB Data. Be adamant that you specifically want the Family Unlimited Text Msg Feature for $29.99, and have all other $9.99 Features removed, and ask that they ensure that the iPhone still has the $20 Data Package w/200 Msgs and that they include the iPhone with the Family Unlimited Text Feature. After the phone call, go immediately to your account and you should see all the changes to your Family Plan! If you need additional information, feel free to send me a Private Message. :cool:

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

OK, dumb question, maybe... why does anyone bother with texting on the iPhone? I mean, why don't you just use email? I don't get it... you get 200 or whatever included in the plan, how long would it take to make sure that everyone updated their phones with your email address in the contact field so texts they sent would go to your inbox?? :confused:

9. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Many of the people...

don't have access to their email via their phone. Also, text messages can be read during a meeting or class and the time it takes to send an email, you could have sent 20 text messages to different phones. Plus many cell phones charge an additional monthly fee for minimal downloading capacity such as 1MB-5MB. So, it's cheaper, faster and much easier to text message, at least in my humble opinion.

I see your point though.
    :cool:

10. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm talking about the iPhone here, so most of these don't hold any water, except maybe some people not being able to text to email without additional fee, but I think those would be pretty few and far between nowadays.

Is the email client that bad on the iPhone that it's 20 times slower than texting?

11. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

MrGreen...

Yep, it's funny sometimes 'cause text messages are almost immediate and you can watch them being sent with the "sending box" while the email may take a few seconds and sometimes a few minutes, depending on the availability of EDGE or WiFi and their speed. If I'm in class or at a staff meeting, I'll turn my phone on silent, and the text message can be answered without interrupting the class or meeting; the same goes for the golf course (in between holes, of course), and it's more difficult waiting for the email IMAP to show-up while I'm on the Monterey Peninsula with a slow connection! "Different strokes for different folks," I always say. Also, my friends and family don't have iPhones; not a single iPhone amongst ALL of them! Not sure if I'll ever get you to see my point, but I'm OK with my Family Unlimited Text Package and the money I've saved in just the past few days. :cool: