AT&T LaptopConnect

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mac-mania, Dec 17, 2008.

1. mac-mania macrumors member

Hello All!

I'm searching for a bit of advice from someone with experience with AT&T laptopconnect. Ironically, the reason I ask is I work at an AT&T Authorized Retailer and I can choose either an Employee Rate cellphone plan, or a laptopconnect card. The iPhone is not allowed as an ER cellphone device, so I think I'll stick with my standard service and I had some definite interest in a LaptopConnect card as it was.

So my question is, we're told as employees everything should work out of the box, but I'm wondering what experiences people have had. I haven't decided whether to get a MB or MBP, leaning Alu-macbook, which I know doesn't have an expresscard slot.

2. goofygoof macrumors newbie

I have the USB Connect Mercury for my MB Alum. It works great, of course depending on reception. It has the basic program go connect, I think by sierra wireless?

One drawback is the software is meant for Windows, and if u have the laptop connect you get free WIFI at AT&T locations, problem is the WIFI software isn't available for mac, only windows.

Hopefully they release better software for mac's and the ability to get better connection with it with a mac, it works faster on my fiance's dell laptop. :(

3. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I have a AT&T USB 3G card thingy... I love it. I always get a good signal and its super fast!