Carrier AT&T Lies About Inventory!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mstgkillr, Sep 17, 2016.

1. mstgkillr macrumors regular

Talk about shady sales tactics...

Yesterday, I called an AT&T authorized retailer inquiring about iPhone 7 Plus inventory levels. I specifically asked if they had any iPhone 7 Pluses and they replied "yes, we have a bunch of them." I confirmed it, asked specifically about the Plus. They even said they had several Jet Black Pluses in stock. So I immediately got my things together and made my way down to the store.

On my way, considering it was a 45 min drive, I called back to confirm and received the same answer... "we have a bunch of them." At this point, I'm getting excited that I will actually get the phone on launch day.
    When I get there, a few people are waiting inside the store. The first thing I ask is do they still have any iPhone 7 Pluses. They said wait here and they will check the inventory when it's my turn. I began talking to someone who had been waiting for the last hour to pickup his new iPhone 7 Plus, that over the phone they said was available. A few minutes later, I overheard the manager say to that customer that they do not have any iPhone 7 Pluses, they never received any due to possible theft, and that you could place an order for one. At this point I'm pissed! I inform the manager about my earlier phone calls to confirm inventory and his reply was that the sales associates are supposed to lie and say they are in available just to get me to come in. WTF!

I nicely informed the manager that due to their dirty sales tactics that I would never, under any circumstances, set foot in that store again. In addition, that I was going to complain to anyone that would listen at AT&T and post negative reviews online. What a waste of almost two hours of my day.

Unbelievable...

This is the store
    AT&T Authorized Retailer
    8646 Gladiolus Dr
    Fort Myers, Fl 33908
    (239) 590-0450

2. zstern702 macrumors member

when calling a local att store yesterday to inquire about stock they said that they cannot give me details on what they carried. basically said you want my business or not since apple was happy to tell me what they had in stock. its a ****ing joke at this point.. this is round 9 for releases and it is only getting worse..

3. yankeebobo macrumors regular

yankeebobo

It's a ploy they have been doing for years. What baffles me is if they honestly think that by getting you to the store, your going to settle on something else? I have ATT service BUT avoid the store at all costs. If I have to start going into their store is time to leave them.