AT&T LOST my iPhone pre-order????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ReallyBigFeet, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

OK so like many of you I spent hours online this morning trying to get my pre-order in. Both the Apple and AT&T websites were flaking out all over the place. I finally got all the way through the AT&T upgrade system and got to my confirmation screen. I then jumped into the rental and took off for the airport (I was returning home today from a biz trip). I'm such an addict that I had even purposely scheduled a later flight so I could get my pre-order in.

I should mention that I did all of this on an iPad which leads my problem now.

So, again like most, I haven't yet received a confirmation email from AT&T. The web site is up now and if I go in to check order status, it doesn't recognize that I've even placed an order. Worse, I whip out the iPad because it still had that confirmation screen up and I know I can grab the confirmation number off of there. But of course the STUPID iPAD can't hold a screen in memory like that so the second I click on that open 'tab' in Safari it attempts to REFRESH the screen and that just goes to a blank screen.

So now I've no confirmation number, no confirmation email and the AT&T system doesn't list me as having any pending orders.

Anyone else in the same boat? I guess my next step is to call AT&T but given what a cluster this was I seriously doubt I'll get anywhere.

Ideas?

2. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Hold your ankles tight? :eek:

3. arod757 macrumors newbie

I'm pretty much in the same boat you are, except I did print out my order number from the confirmation page that pops up. I called ATT because, like you, there is no record of my order on the order status page.

I called a rep and they told me that they're so bogged down with orders, that it is taking a while for the orders to process through their system. They also show no record of my order in their system when I called. My upgrade status even shows that I'm still eligible for a full upgrade on both lines I pre-ordered on.

I guess I'm just going to wait and see if I get a confirmation E-mail at some point. I did make a reservation at the Apple store to pick up a phone on the 24th, if all else fails. I sure hope not. I do not want to deal with those lines.

4. westin1 macrumors newbie

5. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

That made me laugh for a good 20 seconds... nice one! ;)

6. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Happy to add some humor to this miserable experience !

7. 3kids macrumors regular

Times 2.

Because it said I was eligible for an upgrade and I never got a confirmation, I tried again. Now I have 2 numbers, zero confirmations, and a lot of spent hours.

8. refill macrumors newbie

Same issue here, except I used my Iphone to place the order at work. Hopefully the following statement on AT&T's site is true: "Status for orders placed in the last 24 hours may not be available." I also noticed they haven't authorized my credit card yet. When I placed my order the sales tax didn't show, instead it said something about it being to be determined or some such. Wishful thinking: to help the they flipped the switch to turn off their credit card process, let all the orders go through, and are going to run the ordes through during the next 24 hours.

9. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

AT&T will process all orders as on a first-come first-serve basis. If you ordered two seconds after the site went live, you will get your phone before someone who ordered at 4 in the afternoon. The e-mails will come when the system gets cleaned up. The whole purpose of the week between pre-order and shipping is to give Apple and AT&T time to make sure those who were promised launch day delivery actually do get it.

Be patient. Their ordering server is barely up. The e-mail server is probably hosed too.

10. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

In the same boat as you all

Ordered with no email nor does it recognize my order online

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Don't use the iPad next time.

12. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

This. I'ma be pissed if I don't have an iPhone, because I got my order through well before cutoff.

13. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Better include some KY. This is gonna hurt....and not in a good way.

14. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

I also have a confirmation page PDF and an order number but no email or warm fuzzy from the ATT website. I called, and was told their ecom department could sort it out, but that department is not taking calls.

I did call Amex who confirmed ATT had checked the credit card, so there's one straw to grasp. Otherwise it's standing on line at the Apple Store to pick up my "reserved" phones, which sounds like a less solid process than with reserved iPads.

Good luck to all!

15. jamanrr macrumors member

I have a cousin who works for att corp store and he told me that they were manually processing orders today. I am in the same boat as you all? I happened to print the conformation page though and it states that they will try and ship out to you on June 24, 2010. However, I think it is whenever they get to them and process the orders. Where you are in the cue. No way to jump ahead or behind anyone at this point. Just want till you get an email with an estimated delivery date. It could be a day or two before you see anything about the upgrade. Hope this helps.

16. harzac macrumors newbie

call att premier

i just called them and they told me that my order may have gone to att premier so contact them and see here is the webiste i have to call tomorow cause its closed but if this do work i will update back and see

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/contacts/

17. harzac macrumors newbie

att lost my order

i ordered my phone aug 7th and got a tracking number aug 12 and it is arriveing here aug 13