AT&T LTE & 4G Constantly Switching

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bnekic, Oct 3, 2014.

1. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

I finally figured out the cause of my huge battery drain overnight. When looking at my iPhone 6 Plus the LTE & 4G keep switching back and forth every 15-30 seconds. If I turn LTE off 4G stays on and everything is fine, as soon as I turn on LTE the switching starts again.

Also I have full bars on both so it's not a low signal issue. I called AT&T about this and she told me she worked with another customer that has this same issue. They advised him to go to the Apple Store.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

2. kevin738 macrumors member

Been having the same issue. They advised me to go to the Apple Store as well but I have a belief that it's a software issue rather than a hardware issue. Needless to say, I haven't gone to Apple yet. If you do, let me know if there is any success.

3. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

It's about 50/50 whether my phone will be on 4G or LTE when I'm at work. I usually can't tell as Wifi is on, but I wonder if it's switching back and forth constantly behind that Wifi icon. I should test this on Monday.

4. bnekic, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

bnekic thread starter macrumors 6502a

bnekic

This is what was causing my huge battery drain overnight,

5. HolyGrail, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014

HolyGrail macrumors 6502

HolyGrail

This happen to me before with verizon. It happen when they were building their 4g network in my area. Had a htc thunderbolt at the time that kept switching for like a month.

Don't know if that could be you're issue tho. If you leave you're area does it still switch back and forth?

6. drw macrumors member

7. bnekic thread starter macrumors 6502a

bnekic

If I go to the next city over 10 minutes away it's fine. It's just annoying that I have to toggle off my LTE at home so my battery doesn't drain like crazy.